How do you keep Edge 500 going for 20hrs +

Moegery

Does anyone know how to charge an edge 500 while riding? My problem is that as soon as you put it on charge it switches off .

Does anyone know how to charge an edge 500 while riding? My problem is that as soon as you put it on charge it switches off .

I know the Wahoo ELEMNT can be used while charging. Check it out. 

post-2145-0-78803800-1460224787_thumb.jpgDisclaimer: You use this information at your own risk. Damage to any equipment may result from using this information. 

Pins 2 and 3 must be disconnected. This will ensure the unit does not recognize the connection while an external power supply is connected.

Both pins must be disconnected.

Pin 1 (+) and Pin 4 (Gnd) must be connected.

There is definitely a way. When some of my mates did the Everest challenge they picked up while doing training for the challenge that the Garmin switches off. They contacted Garmin and the issue got sorted. I'll find out and post here asap.

It definitely didn't involved disconnecting pins. It was something about a different cable from the power bank I think.

Sent from my LG-H735 using Tapatalk

As mentioned before, it can be done, and is dependent on the usb cable you use. The cable uses to be propriatery with garmin's external battery backup system.

You can get the cable from Navworld, but there are computer cable suppliers that also supply them, or can make them up for you. I got one made up at Communica

As mentioned before, it can be done, and is dependent on the usb cable you use. The cable uses to be propriatery with garmin's external battery backup system.

You can get the cable from Navworld, but there are computer cable suppliers that also supply them, or can make them up for you. I got one made up at Communica

Can you post the spec from communica please. Close to one and would like to get one. Thannks

I know the Wahoo ELEMNT can be used while charging. Check it out. 

hahaha you elemnt fan boy!!!!

Check the 36One challenge thread

Archived