Omnico/fox is that the best you got?

Pikey

have never really had a preference untill I bought a pike and then an mrp. But got caught up in the reviews and bam spent the money,puke . Have done nothing but play with it,my mates are going to stop riding with me soon if I keep stopping every 10 minutes

No possibility of returning it? CPA dictates a product can be returned up to 6 months after purchase, I believe, would this not apply here?

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes the dampers should be exactly the same so should perform te same, only difference would be the stiffness.

Like I said mine has had no real issues yet, and mine tracks well.

I would demand a replacement.

straight that's the plan . But will see how long omnico give me the run around for. Because clearly they are not interested in replacing it ,or they would of done it already. Bollocks that we have to put up with this kind of customer service . Regardless of the price ????

From the way I understand it the rebound damper cartridge is probably the issue, maybe factory fault, have omnico tried replacing that yet?

From the way I understand it the rebound damper cartridge is probably the issue, maybe factory fault, have omnico tried replacing that yet?

no was hoping they would of done it last time. But got that feeble excuse instead . I had the fork locked out.

hence why out the box it wouldn't use its travel at all. No matter what the air pressure was. Even with all the air out the fork the stanchions wouldn't drop into the lowers .

No possibility of returning it? CPA dictates a product can be returned up to 6 months after purchase, I believe, would this not apply here?

Good point,but would have to prove it.

Is this the same fork specified as standard equipment on the Giant Anthem X Advanced 29er?

http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-za/bikes/model/anthem.x.advanced.29er.1/24204/92151/#specifications

I have had my fair share of BS from Omnico when my Easton wheels kept breaking spokes because of poor material used in the manufacturing which Easton admitted was a problem.

These days I try to stay away from anything Omnico distributes or supports.

Bloody useless, I've spent a stupid amount of money trying to get a fox shock (RP23) fixed by them and guess what... It's still broken. Never mind the lengthy return times!!!

Is this the same fork specified as standard equipment on the Giant Anthem X Advanced 29er?

http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-za/bikes/model/anthem.x.advanced.29er.1/24204/92151/#specifications

I have had my fair share of BS from Omnico when my Easton wheels kept breaking spokes because of poor material used in the manufacturing which Easton admitted was a problem.

These days I try to stay away from anything Omnico distributes or supports.

yea same fork exactly. Haha also have Easton wheels..omnico need to sort out there tarnished reputation.

Bloody useless, I've spent a stupid amount of money trying to get a fox shock (RP23) fixed by them and guess what... It's still broken. Never mind the lengthy return times!!!

that doesn't bode well for me. But will fight them all the way sod them. That amount of money for a piece of equipment that doesn't work. No ways.

Sorry to hear about your hassle,fell your anguish and resentment.

yea same fork exactly. Haha also have Easton wheels..omnico need to sort out there tarnished reputation.

Now I know why it is standard equipment.  Fox is probably trying to dump stock of this POS, and sweetened the deal with Giant.  Probably supplying them to Giant for a 1/4 of RRP.

I also had a faulty Fox and got the same nonsense from Omnico, they just said nothing was wrong and returned the faulty fork without doing anything. I will never buy a bike with a Fox on again, my SID is awesome. RS is much better quality these days.

Now I know why it is standard equipment.  Fox is probably trying to dump stock of this POS, and sweetened the deal with Giant.  Probably supplying them to Giant for a 1/4 of RRP.

they might have lots of recalls,but then again not sure omnico would be bothered.

I also had a faulty Fox and got the same nonsense from Omnico, they just said nothing was wrong and returned the faulty fork without doing anything. I will never buy a bike with a Fox on again, my SID is awesome. RS is much better quality these days.

is seems as that is the trend with omnico. How do they get away with such poor customer service? It's seems that I am not alone in the way that omnico are treating me.

I am seriously starting to have my doubts that they even did anything to my fork,and just gave me the bs story hoping I would go away . Because it's only in my mind that the fork doesn't work right ! BS

Wow am i feeling happy now I didn't go the Fox route when I was asking what to buy recently.

I have a new Revelation sitting in the garage waiting for fitment.

Hope you come right.

Thing is it appears people like Omnico don't give a toss about local opinion nor support which totally debunks the myth of buy local and get warranty....

My X-fusion fork used to have the same issue.  After a few rides it would just start hitting its top at about 50-60% of its travel.

Turns out the u-cup seal it came with standard was too weak or something to withstand repeated hits at those pressures, resulting in some air moving from one chamber to the other in the damper - this caused an air bumper, restricting travel.

X-fusion's local distributors have now taken advice from the US guys and on their recommendation installed an X-fusion shock seal which is supposed to handle far higher pressures.  This is the seal they are now building their forks with, and I must say, so far so good.  It's holding fine and it's been a while with usual riding.

So what I'm saying is, it sounds like the damper is obviously buggered and that should be a replacement without any questions asked.

Imagine if people actually did service in this Country?  Man, they might even make some money...

Archived