Omnico/fox is that the best you got?

Pikey

I can never understand why massive companies allow things like this to go this far before they satisfy the customer. As if replacing or refunding a single faulty product would be of any significant loss to them. From a purely business perspective. Without even touching on any ethical concerns. You risk losing a significant amount of potential sales moving forward if your name is tarnished because you were too stubborn to satisfy one customer.

I once had a client hold me to a quote weeks after I provided it. By the time he placed the order the exchange rate had me at the short and twisties. Instead of declining to supply or pointing out disclaimer semantics. I took the knock. Simply put, his relationship with me based on ongoing supply was worth far more than a single loss.

Its not rocket science. Give the man a new fork or his money back. 

You're not just satisfying one customer. You're lining up future customers too.

To true mate,because you understand the worth of future business ,invaluable.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was going to buy an rp23 now I will buy a Monarch... 

I had a RP23 and changed to a Monarch...best decision ever

Could you maybe send the fork to someone who knows what it should feel like and get their opinion. Someone like maybe Droo?

Look, it is entirely plausible that they genuinely believe Pikey is full of it and there's nothing wrong with the fork, but then what I don't get is this:  Why not just offer to have it assessed by Stoke (example) and if they confirm it's fine, write the cost of the assessment off off as good customer relations, and if it's stuffed, srot the guy out FFS.

So really, no excuse, even on their presumed version.

I am going to post it under another thread as it gives you an idea of what can be achieved with good services

Patrick Cawood at Pure Motion has replaced my POC Trabec MIPS helmet for the second time after there were issues with it delayering.

No questions. Asked me to send a photo - new helmet arrived this morning.

Now that is what i wanted - backed his product and got it replaced. No ifs buts ands or hows. No warranty partial payment issues no nothing, even after i offered to pay.

Thanks Sir - will always use your products.

Best he brew a big pot .

Pikey,

Feeling like you have some mates now don't you?

Its amazing what lengths a person who feels they have been unjustly treated will go to in the pursuit of justice.

I am going to post it under another thread as it gives you an idea of what can be achieved with good services

Patrick Cawood at Pure Motion has replaced my POC Trabec MIPS helmet for the second time after there were issues with it delayering.

No questions. Asked me to send a photo - new helmet arrived this morning.

Now that is what i wanted - backed his product and got it replaced. No ifs buts ands or hows. No warranty partial payment issues no nothing, even after i offered to pay.

Thanks Sir - will always use your products.

Now that's what you call service. Must add " callans bike tech " have been extremely accommodating through all this,albeit it's not there fault. They have treated me with respect and have carried the cost of the courier back and forth.

BTW, bit of off topic.  While following this fred I replaced the bearings in my Easton EA90XC front hub.  In the end I did not buy the cheap Chinese bearings for R12.50 each, but got a good quality Japanese NTN bearing set for R220 from Bearing Man here.  I am sure it will still be cheaper than Easton supplied bearings.  

A tip:  put your hubs in the sun for an hour before pressing in the new bearings.  They go in must easier.  I pressed them in by hand using a number 18 socket.

PS: sorry for the off topic.

BTW, bit of off topic.  While following this fred I replaced the bearings in my Easton EA90XC front hub.  In the end I did not buy the cheap Chinese bearings for R12.50 each, but got a good quality Japanese NTN bearing set for R220 from Bearing Man here.  I am sure it will still be cheaper than Easton supplied bearings.  

A tip:  put your hubs in the sun for an hour before pressing in the new bearings.  They go in must easier.  I pressed them in by hand using a number 18 socket.

PS: sorry for the off topic.

If I leave my hubs in the sun for an hour I get a brand new set due to insurance and the sticky hands of passers by  :clap:

If I leave my hubs in the sun for an hour I get a brand new set due to insurance and the sticky hands of passers by  :clap:

Shame.  You must move to the platteland on the south side of Helderberg.  We can still leave stuff outside.  And have fun on Helderberg when we have 2 hours to spare.

I can never understand why massive companies allow things like this to go this far before they satisfy the customer. As if replacing or refunding a single faulty product would be of any significant loss to them. From a purely business perspective. Without even touching on any ethical concerns. You risk losing a significant amount of potential sales moving forward if your name is tarnished because you were too stubborn to satisfy one customer.

I once had a client hold me to a quote weeks after I provided it. By the time he placed the order the exchange rate had me at the short and twisties. Instead of declining to supply or pointing out disclaimer semantics. I took the knock. Simply put, his relationship with me based on ongoing supply was worth far more than a single loss.

Its not rocket science. Give the man a new fork or his money back. 

You're not just satisfying one customer. You're lining up future customers too.

I used to run a online business .. All my products was grey/china imports. I gave 1 year no question asked warranty on everything (not manufacture, it was inhouse warranty). You simply say: Broken, sent me proof of shipping and I courier new one. I even replaced it if was own stupidity.

In the ~5 years, I had about 0.5% of products warranty claim, so all I had todo is up the profit with 0.5% to cover it. 

For these large guys the claims must be even less, so the few bucks to replace product at cost is soon repaid with good reputation... simple business.

I used to run a online business .. All my products was grey/china imports. I gave 1 year no question asked warranty on everything (not manufacture, it was inhouse warranty). You simply say: Broken, sent me proof of shipping and I courier new one. I even replaced it if was own stupidity.

In the ~5 years, I had about 0.5% of products warranty claim, so all I had todo is up the profit with 0.5% to cover it. 

For these large guys the claims must be even less, so the few bucks to replace product at cost is soon repaid with good reputation... simple business.

YOu would think this is common sense.

The manufacturers will even help you do it.

YOu would think this is common sense.

The manufacturers will even help you do it.

The business I am in we even rehire from other company's for our customers even if we take a small loss.

But there's always a next time,and a next time etc etc. pretty simple methodology really.

Shame.  You must move to the platteland on the south side of Helderberg.  We can still leave stuff outside.  And have fun on Helderberg when we have 2 hours to spare.

especially if it's a fox fork ????????????????

Archived