Chaoyang tyres?

Cannonized

Elgin Tiletoria done.

We now have 10,257km on the Hornet

attachicon.gifIMG_20170827_172053688_HDR_c.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20170827_172116504_HDR_c.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20170827_172151279_HDR_c.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20170827_172226908_HDR_c.jpg

Rear Zippering was put on in January so I think it is sitting somewhere between 6000km to 7000km.

attachicon.gifIMG_20170827_172942163_HDR_c.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20170827_172954139_HDR_c.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20170827_173020009_HDR_c.jpg

hey, with all those micro cracks you should be getting awesome traction

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hey, with all those micro cracks you should be getting awesome traction

Yep, Tracking was good for the first 2000km, then not so good for the next 8000km but thanks to the awesome Micro Crack ™ technology traction is on the up again  :clap:

OK, I think this is the end of these two tyres. I pumped them up to 3 bar for Transkaroo and they held up very well, however on my commute to work today I heard a "swish" sound with every rotation of the front tyre. When I got home I checked it out and seems sealant has started to ooze out on a certain spot of the tyre. When you ride it that part has a bulge, almost like a weak spot in the sidewall. 

They put up a good fight and I will see their 247km ride across the Karoo as a fitting swansong.

Ordered 2x Innova Pro Transformer Race 29x2.10 TCS 60 TPI Tyres and will use them for K2C, possibly Piket-Bo-Berg if they arrive in time.  

OK, I think this is the end of these two tyres. I pumped them up to 3 bar for Transkaroo and they held up very well, however on my commute to work today I heard a "swish" sound with every rotation of the front tyre. When I got home I checked it out and seems sealant has started to ooze out on a certain spot of the tyre. When you ride it that part has a bulge, almost like a weak spot in the sidewall. 

They put up a good fight and I will see their 247km ride across the Karoo as a fitting swansong.

Ordered 2x Innova Pro Transformer Race 29x2.10 TCS 60 TPI Tyres and will use them for K2C, possibly Piket-Bo-Berg if they arrive in time.  

Innova-Pro-font-b-Bicycle-b-font-Tires-L

they look nice

Innova-Pro-font-b-Bicycle-b-font-Tires-L

they look nice

Look to be a knock off of the racing ralph.... very similar tread pattern! 

Look forward to your feedback Rouxenator

I always came back to this thread to see if Rouxenator's tyres were still going. Amazing feat getting the km's that you did. Really glad that you made it through the TransKaroo, but maybe a tad lucky that they didn't give up during the race. I commend you for your courage, but I for one will not risk it and wouldn't want to compromise any ride. Some chances are just not worth it for me.

I don't unnerstand?

So you do 10 000km on a pair of Chaoyangs, defend how awesome they are. But then vote with your wallet elsewhere?

I don't unnerstand?

So you do 10 000km on a pair of Chaoyangs, defend how awesome they are. But then vote with your wallet elsewhere?

I would have loved to buy more Chaoyangs, and I do have 2x Hornets (brand new) at home that I also took with me on Transkaroo just as backup.

The reason I am now trying Innova is nothing against Chaoyang - I still think they are the best tyres to be manufactured by mankind. I had a R400 credit at Buycycle and the only tyres they have in my price range is these Innova ones and WTB Nine Line, which I would have gone with until I saw they were 120TPI.

Never again shall I ride 120TPI.

So I picked the Innova set partly for the same reason I chose Chaoyang, they are cheap and seem like they have a lot to give. 

Never again shall I ride 120TPI.

I must have missed something....why are you against 120TPI?

Turning around on Ou Wa Pad at K2C after entry fee, fuel, accommodation ect have been paid because tyres with 10 000+km on them failed will be more expensive than a trip to oom Chris to buy a tyre for R350

I must have missed something....why are you against 120TPI?

Because at first I was cocky : https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/111615-29er-tyres/?p=2875884

And the next weekend I saw my gat : https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/111615-29er-tyres/?p=2879780

Turning around on Ou Wa Pad at K2C after entry fee, fuel, accommodation ect have been paid because tyres with 10 000+km on them failed will be more expensive than a trip to oom Chris to buy a tyre for R350

My reasoning exactly. Especially since I am trying to do 10 consecutive K2C finishes so I can't risk it. Buycycle said the Innova jobies should be here in time for the weekend so I can hopefully try them out on Piket-bo-berg

• 4 weeks later...

Archived