So what are you training for?

I am using the excuse that I am training to move out of Cat C in Winter League & Track League, but i get really grumpy if I don't ride (even if it is on the IDT).

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This for sure (not only work even personal/family issues), my kids reckon I solve the 'worlds problems' while I'm out riding .... exaggerated but I do often come home from rides with ideas/solutions to some of our issues at home :blush:

you must do a lot of solo rides,I do especially during the week. plenty time to think of every think that needs doing. Whether round the house ,planning a trip or just the stuff you put of all the time.

When I'm riding I have every solution to even the smallest problem or issue. Untill I get home then they don't always seem to clever. But at least I enjoyed my ride ???????? so I totally get were you coming from.

Oh yea kudos everyone that gets up at 4.00 & 4.30 to go ride ... I just can't .

Firstly coz I can't get up that early ???? And secondly coz I have to leave home by 6,well that's my excuse anyway.

I do lots of afternoon rides from 4-5pm. But sometimes very difficult when it's been a long day ,but as stated 5 minutes in and everything is right with the world.

Just had a bit of a session but had to cut it short - things you gotta do when traffic hits and you need to cook as well.

24 min watt bike session at average 1.92 w/kg (201w) and peak of 431w. Avg 161bpm and 88rpm. Busy trying to see how high my 1 minute effort was.

Didn't push as hard as last time though. This was supposed to be a warmup before the real workout started.

Guest notmyname

The best part of it all (for me) is that riding a bike doesn't really feel like "exercise", but more like a joyful escape.

⬆THIS

⬆THIS

Don't believe that. I've seen him suffer and hear him say "I want to toss my bike in the bush and not see it for a while"... Seeing that was joyful for me but didn't look to joyful for him...  :w00t:

Mostly I ride alone, to think, enjoy the ride, just to shut off and at times I take other detours on my ride just for no reason at all and to enjoy at my pace.

BSG

Guest notmyname

Don't believe that. I've seen him suffer and hear him say "I want to toss my bike in the bush and not see it for a while"... Seeing that was joyful for me but didn't look to joyful for him... :w00t:

Hehehe. But surely that's at the extreme end of the straw.

Hehehe. But surely that's at the extreme end of the straw.

Trust me, I don't say that often... :w00t:

And when I do, it's usually after kilometer 178 or so   :wacko:

Not much beats watching the sunrise while on your bike, cool fresh air in your face and the burn through your legs. The couch potatoes would never understand.

Or standing on some or other mountain top being breathless by not only the effort to get there,but the briliance of the view. With deafening silence in your ears. One thing I know for certain is that so many people will not ever experience that awesomeness and in a way it is sad....as for me it was life changing. I just love to ride. I get absolute pleasure out of it. My whole personality change when I am on my bike. I use events as an excuse to train .... just to sound a bit more sane.

Trust me, I don't say that often... :w00t:

And when I do, it's usually after kilometer 178 or so   :wacko:

for you...

post-24697-0-60254300-1461306512_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

On the 30th May. Road bike will probably leave 2 weeks or so prior.

Eishhhh! Can't believe you're bailing!

Fortunately the interwebs works from all over eh!

Have you sent your stockpile of choc sterri stumpie ahead yet?

Archived