Tru-Cape mtb

Matts 300

Are we able to enter on the day? Wasn't going to do this race but I'd like to keep my options open :devil:  ... online entries closed it seems.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont forget Sunday is Road Cirt, 

Rest of May

Xhiliraces | 13 May 2017 - Oakvalley

Dirtopia's 100 Miler 20th,

Paarl MTB Classic 20th,

Willow Creek computer Mania MTB 20th

Autumn splendor \ Hex River 27th

Meiringspoort MTB Challenge27th

DBX17 27th

Are we able to enter on the day? Wasn't going to do this race but I'd like to keep my options open :devil:  ... online entries closed it seems.

You can enter on the day, but just leave 1 50km entry for me!

yes you can, between 7-9am, race starts at 9am

I sucked at this race. I mean really. I bailed out at the crossover on 25km. I tried the climb after the crossover, but my knees were killing me, which is a first. This has never happened to me before. My wife soldiered onwards alone, and eventually came in last over the line for the 50km. She says the wind was hectic on the last 25. The climbs on the first 25 felt like it was never going to end.

My eldest son came in at 3h06 for the 50. My other son did the 25km, in came in just under 2h, but he is not as hardcore as his older brother.

Edited by Moridin

She says the wind was hectic on the last 25. The climbs on the first 25 felt like it was never going to end.

We also had some wind at Paul Cluver side, the scariest bit was on that dam wall that they increase the height. Felt like some one might just pushed off the top. Further we were lucky that for most part the wind was mostly from the side

I sucked at this race. I mean really. I bailed out at the crossover on 25km. I tried the climb after the crossover, but my knees were killing me, which is a first. This has never happened to me before. My wife soldiered onwards alone, and eventually came in last over the line for the 50km. She says the wind was hectic on the last 25. The climbs on the first 25 felt like it was never going to end.

My eldest son came in at 3h06 for the 50. My other son did the 25km, in came in just under 2h, but he is not as hardcore as his older brother.

there is no Shame in bailing at 25km, cause that was brutal. Well Done nonetheless to you & the rest of the family.

In the last 10km's of Single track, there was a tiny little wooden bridge that I got blown off as a big gust came up luckily it wasn't high off the ground & I could still stay upright & soldier on.

The wind was hectic! I must admit I was very happy when I realised that they reversed the route from last year which meant most of the climbing was in the first half.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

I have 2 major handicaps

1. I am a slow starter

2. I am a crappy climber

The 1st 16km was hell for me. 600m+ elevation in such a short distance got the better of me. Legs were better 2nd 25km but at least I know my fitness is super crap at this stage.

Tough hard race but I enjoyed it. Well done to the organisers

Saw the line of riders along the slopes today.  Looked COOL !!!!!

trust you had a good ride.

The climbs and the head/side winds was very tough but the end parts in the st with that wind from behind was awesome fun, it felt like a rocket was strapped to my back! :thumbup:

We came past on the N2 at about 9:00.  The line of MTB's zigg-zagging down the trail really look nice !!

Pity there was no safe spot to stop and take a photo ...

I really underestimated the 50km. Either I'm getting old or everyone else is getting so much stronger.