2018 Ironman 70.3 World Champs

gummibear

How is the prep going, Shaper and @ndy? You guys should be in your last build block now? 

I see that Jade Nicole is on fire at the moment. I think there is a good chance she is going to be the first age grouper in. 

Same as @ndy, was a recovery week this week (and I needed it !!), last 2 weeks then taper and fun in the sun!!  

Taper week, I will be in PE on the Thursday, do registration, parade and opening banquet, Friday will cycle the course, Saturday pre race swim/run then watch the ladies race.... Sunday the fun day!!

Counted my AG from the list, there about 240 give or take... so worst can do is 240th in the world for my category  :ph34r:

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any of you into your Soapies?  Bold and Beautiful star Katherine Kelly Lang going to be racing

https://www.heraldlive.co.za/news/2018-08-21-brooke-logan-headed-to-mzansi-next-month/

She is a regular ironman athlete and has completed a number of events

http://www.ironchicks.com.au/the-bold-the-beautiful-ironchick-katherine-kelly-lang/

If she beats you, as punishment you have to have a B&B non stop for the length of time it took you to finish your race, or until you slit your wrists - whichever comes first  :devil:

Any of you into your Soapies?  Bold and Beautiful star Katherine Kelly Lang going to be racing

https://www.heraldlive.co.za/news/2018-08-21-brooke-logan-headed-to-mzansi-next-month/

She is a regular ironman athlete and has completed a number of events

http://www.ironchicks.com.au/the-bold-the-beautiful-ironchick-katherine-kelly-lang/

sy is mos die tannie wat met al die ooms in die storie geslaap het, en huil in elke episode?

If she beats you, as punishment you have to have a B&B non stop for the length of time it took you to finish your race, or until you slit your wrists - whichever comes first  :devil:

Having strained my calf muscle on a run this morning and off to physio shortly.... am hoping that will be fully recovered by race day.... as the thought of watching B&B for 5hrs or so is a nightmare ;).... am not a soapie fan!!!.... but thought it cool that she actually races and has done Kona!!

Having strained my calf muscle on a run this morning and off to physio shortly.... am hoping that will be fully recovered by race day.... as the thought of watching B&B for 5hrs or so is a nightmare ;).... am not a soapie fan!!!.... but thought it cool that she actually races and has done Kona!!

It is cool she races...

Hope the calf is nothing major, still got enough time at least, but never ideal  :thumbup:

Soleus muscle injury!!... long taper no running until race day but will be re-assessed on Friday!

Limited to swim and cycle... le sigh!!

Soleus muscle injury!!... long taper no running until race day but will be re-assessed on Friday!

Man that sucks and is moerse uncomfortable.

My recovery took 6 months and involved bio and physio with lots of stretching, dry needling and foam rolling.

All I can say is that the dry needling really worked as did shortening my stride.

Rotten Luck Shaper, but just take it easy-hope you heal up quick....would Cryo or a Hyperbaric chamber like at SBR not help?

Good luck squire, some time off running may be to your benefit.

Good news is that Accuweather is predicting rain for Saturday 1st. 

That means there is 100% chance of no rain and beautiful sunshine...

It was good seeing some of the big dawgs out on Sat morning. Cruising around, disk wheels sounding like thunder.. best

Archived