Which Power meter??

Henley 1

Rather keen to see if Quarq is going to drop prices again this year. They did in May 2014 and also April 2015.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kryppie I reckon we're caught in one of those infinite loops which we last saw with plasma/LCD TVs. The things get cheaper by the month (quarter?) so you're stuck going, 'well I'll wait for the next price drop'. But that means waiting and waiting and...

Might as well just buy the thing now and be done with it.

Not, I should conspicuously note, that I ever follow my own advice.

Kryppie I reckon we're caught in one of those infinite loops which we last saw with plasma/LCD TVs. The things get cheaper by the month (quarter?) so you're stuck going, 'well I'll wait for the next price drop'. But that means waiting and waiting and...

Haha! Story of my life with these type of things/situations. Yes, no, yes, no wait, YES, JUST DO IT!

Haha! Story of my life with these type of things/situations. Yes, no, yes, no wait, YES, JUST DO IT!

Price drops unlikely in this economic climate

Do it

Swipe that magnetic strip ????

In my case a better example would be the ZAR exchange rate... always hopingthinkingwishing that next month will be better (ZAR stronger)

as BA Baracus once said.... FOOL!!

Any fools cyclists on hub planet using a Polar computer (V800 in particular) with a power meter? Which ones work with the glorious V800...preferably a crank based unit...?

The rand was recovering well but has taken a knock again. 

Went down to 14.2 last week but back to 15+ now. Affects us big time in the shipping industry... But I don't see it making any serious recovery so don't expect prices of anything to get better in SA. Retailers will just take advantage of this and bump up the price even further. 

Any fools cyclists on hub planet using a Polar computer (V800 in particular) with a power meter? Which ones work with the glorious V800...preferably a crank based unit...?

Stages I believe. Its Blue Tooth enabled

4iiii's Precision also

I use the power on my tacx trainer to monitor progress in a rather haphazard way but on the bike I have no clue power meter so no real idea what's going on.

Time to take the plunge I think. This thread has been a big help

Stages I believe. Its Blue Tooth enabled

4iiii's Precision also

Last i read up on it (admittedly awhile ago) the polar blue tooth was holier than the stages blue tooth (different standards) and they did not work together?

bluetooth is bluetooth.

unless one is BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy)

However phonescan read it just fine so unless Polar is the holier than though it should work and Dcrainmaker seems to agree

While your Polar comp will pick up the Stages arm and pair with it, it will not 'read' any data from it.

Not an educated guess, have tried it.

http://support.stagescycling.com/support/solutions/articles/1000037974-how-do-i-pair-my-stages-power-meter-to-my-ant-or-bluetooth-4-0-enabled-device-

http://updates.polar.com/2015/04/dont-miss-a-thing-with-the-v800-smart-notifications/

Sounds like it needs to be set up in the headunit. If it pairs it should read the data.

Make sure both the polar and Stages have the latest firmware updates installed

Edited by raptor-22

Polar V800 / Polar V650 / Polar M450

Polar V800 User Manual (English)

Polar V650 User Manual (English)

For V800 and V650, Home > Settings > General Settings > Pair and sync > Pair other device > Rotate crank and hold watch near the power sensor, select Stages > Once pairing is completed, select your crank length to continue. 

For V650, Home > Settings > General Settings > Pairing > Pair new device> Rotate crank and hold watch near the power sensor, select Stages

Software requirements:

Polar V800 software version 1.4.0 or newer

Polar V650 software version 1.2.4 or newer

Please see device instructions for information on how to update your software

Stages Power meter firmware version 2.0.76 or newer. To check firmware version or update firmware, download and install the Stages Power Android App or Stages Power iOS App on to your compatible mobile device. 

Note: The Stages Power meter is only capable of pairing to one Bluetooth 4.0 device at a time. The power meter must be disconnected from the Stages Power app or another app on your mobile device before you can pair the Polar device and vice versa.