Stewart and Dreyer clock fastest times at Masters Marathon Champs

News bot

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If I were ever to be caught doping, intentional or by "vloek" by mistake due to some kind of food contamination or by a TUE confusion, I would honestly feel way too *** about it to ever show my face in a race every again knowing what people think about me.

Exactly!!

If I were ever to be caught doping, intentional or by "vloek" by mistake due to some kind of food contamination or by a TUE confusion, I would honestly feel way too *** about it to ever show my face in a race every again knowing what people think about me.

Exactly!!

Congrats to Jeannie Dreyer and Theresa Ralph!!  :clap:  :clap:

You girls ROCK! :thumbup:

I have lots of respect for Theresa. Especially after a recent interview of hers I read:

"For Ralph, training has to find its place between work and being a mom, too: “This is a juggling session. Training has to take place early in the mornings, over lunch times and even late at night sometimes. I plan my training around the needs of my children, as they will always come first. I would rather suffer the early cold mornings than them have less time with me."

What an athlete.

But more importantly...

What a parent, what a MOM.

I have lots of respect for Theresa. Especially after a recent interview of hers I read:

"For Ralph, training has to find its place between work and being a mom, too: “This is a juggling session. Training has to take place early in the mornings, over lunch times and even late at night sometimes. I plan my training around the needs of my children, as they will always come first. I would rather suffer the early cold mornings than them have less time with me."

What an athlete.

But more importantly...

Agree with you 100%!! :thumbup:

What an athlete.

But more importantly...

She is great. She rode ToGH with us this year as training for Epic.

The ladies that "beat" her are mostly fulltime athletes. She holds down a 9-5 job and raises kids.

Have oodles of respect for her! Also she has bigger balls than most MTB heros here with her technical skills!

What an athlete.

But more importantly...

I have no idea how she manages to juggle it all.

Incredible commitment ????????

Race organizers aren't helping here. 

true true....but the bigones have already bought in.

Epic, Sani, J2c, B&B, lesotho sky....pga round of applause to those guys...No ex doper can ever stand on their podiums. This must burn the ex dopers knowing it, afterall that is where it matters(ex-dopers need sponsors and sponser want their names in lights at those big events)...no use if you being sponsored helmets and two tubes of chamois butter a year.

This weekend's race was organised by KZN MTB and as far as I understand the rules they are bound to follow CSA and thus ICU regulations which means that once a doper has served his sentence he is able to race. Basically like a thief who served his sentence, he should be considered a rehabilitated member of society.

The difference with joBerg2C, Sani, Hill2Hill and others who do not accept "former" dopers is that they are individual business entities and thus have the right to (within reason) accept and refuse entries as they see fit.

I think Epic is subtly different in that they will accept entries from before the ruling (their policy is that only dopers caught after the date of their change in rules are banned). 

This weekend's race was organised by KZN MTB and as far as I understand the rules they are bound to follow CSA and thus ICU regulations which means that once a doper has served his sentence he is able to race. Basically like a thief who served his sentence, he should be considered a rehabilitated member of society.

The difference with joBerg2C, Sani, Hill2Hill and others who do not accept "former" dopers is that they are individual business entities and thus have the right to (within reason) accept and refuse entries as they see fit.

I think Epic is subtly different in that they will accept entries from before the ruling (their policy is that only dopers caught after the date of their change in rules are banned). 

And that is exactly why someone like Roel Paulissen is/was still able to enter for Absa Cape Epic.... :whistling:

Pieter Seyffert was riding joBerg2c though I noticed... what's that about?

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/128735-seyffert-receives-two-year-ban-from-competition/