Flat pedals

igg

That Evil, lets see the whole picture :-)

100% agreed!

Sent from my GT-S6790 using Tapatalk

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Due to lack of stock of five-tens in my size, and the Spaz not feeling right and just too stiff for my liking, I just ordered these as Adidas generally fit me pretty well:

https://shop.adidas.co.za/terrex-trail-cross-sl-shoes-122607.html

Signed up for the newsletter and used the 15% discount code. R1360 isn't too bad for a pair of cycling shoes.

Wish they had the blue/white colour, tired of black. But at that price I'll just have to suck it up!

The colour is black/grey, what does it look like, it's not jet black?

Due to lack of sunlight, crappy quality photos were had:

13227536_10156890686175137_6390927924841

She's a beauty!

Sent from my GT-S6790 using Tapatalk

Due to lack of sunlight, crappy quality photos were had:

13227536_10156890686175137_6390927924841

Sjo, that's mooi. Enjoy your new pedals and shoes.

Wish they had the blue/white colour, tired of black. But at that price I'll just have to suck it up!

The colour is black/grey, what does it look like, it's not jet black?

Unfortunately it is jet black, the little bit of grey there is, is on the side of the soles. Take a look at my previous pic, it's the same colour as my tyres :(.

I suppose from Adidas perspective it's the safe choice in terms of sales. I was also hoping for other colour choices, particularly the blue/black/white one.

Unfortunately it is jet black, the little bit of grey there is, is on the side of the soles. Take a look at my previous pic, it's the same colour as my tyres :(.

I suppose from Adidas perspective it's the safe choice in terms of sales. I was also hoping for other colour choices, particularly the blue/black/white one.

I would have also bought the blue version :( Can always change the laces like the 2FO does on their black/black version.

I would have also bought the blue version :( Can always change the laces like the 2FO does on their black/black version.

I'll probably do that, I find the laces a touch short anyways. Only the very ends reach the strap bungee for me, so they'll probably come loose while cycling.

I'll probably do that, I find the laces a touch short anyways. Only the very ends reach the strap bungee for me, so they'll probably come loose while cycling.

Just got some laces from Sportsmans (45'') and they are shorter... So the ones that come with the shoes are 54'' and you would need to find 60''.

• 2 weeks later...

Caibre please post a comprehensive (or as close as possible ) review of those adidas shoes , seriously considering them but don't ride flats 100% of the time so need to consider everything

Please :)

Caibre please post a comprehensive (or as close as possible ) review of those adidas shoes , seriously considering them but don't ride flats 100% of the time so need to consider everything

Iv'e also got those! Will PM you :)

This was also just uploaded!

I would, but I managed to injure myself pretty badly so I've barely had a chance to use them. Managed to get into a tripod with the end of my handlebar. The result: some torn core muscles, and a bunch of internal bleeding. The fluid buildup is causing issues right now (muscle spasms, nerve pressure, etc.), so all strenuous activities have been halted until further notice :(. I also have a new appreciation of how much your core gets used! I'll definitely be dedicating a lot of time to core exercises when I'm healed.

Initial impressions are as follows:

They're pretty comfortable as far as cycling shoes go, though with the winter chill setting in, I found the uppers let in a lot of air. My feet were cold, so I still need to figure out what to do there. I haven't yet had a single instance where my foot slipped on the pedal, and due to the tread pattern I noticed I have to lift my foot to reposition. The soles do have a fair amount of give when putting your weight on them and bend pretty readily at the ball of your foot, so don't expect carbon disco slipper like pedaling efficiency. This will likely aid with feeling connected to the bike.

My only issue thus far is I found my foot slipping forward in them quite often, so I need to play around with lace tension to see if I can stop that, otherwise I'm going to be dealing with sore toes. I should also point out, the sole isn't completely flat; it has an upward curve from the ball to the toe. I don't know yet if this is an issue.

For what I paid, I'd def buy them again. As always, take the above FWIW, as I don't have experience with the other local competitors: 5-10 & 2FO.

Edited by cairbre

I got the Terrex Trail Cross SL(latest version) - they are awesome, comfortable, not bad looking(could easily use them anytime or actually would be solid hiking shoes with the stealth rubber), tough as faq with the rubber toe cap, just about perfect stiffness(nice power transfer but you loose some pedal feel), stealth rubber so excellent grip.

The one thing that did freak me out a bit is the soles not being flat but if your pedal spikes are nice and nasty and there's plenty of them incl over the pedal axle then it's fine.

Some reviews I read said they were a bit narrow but I generally have problems with many shoes being too narrow(the Adidas Stans/Seeley etc I can't wear at all because they are too narrow) and these fit great, just a touch tight but I swopped the in-soles with some old worn in ones and I can see after a few weeks my feet will stretch the shoe a little and it will be perfect.

Excellent flat pedal shoe that's also a bona fide hiking/walking shoe and reasonably cheap, really solid compromise all round.

I would, but I managed to injure myself pretty badly so I've barely had a chance to use them. Managed to get into a tripod with the end of my handlebar. The result: some torn core muscles, and a bunch of internal bleeding. The fluid buildup is causing issues right now (muscle spasms, nerve pressure, etc.), so all strenuous activities have been halted until further notice :(. I also have a new appreciation of how much your core gets used! I'll definitely be dedicating a lot of time to core exercises when I'm healed.

Initial impressions are as follows:

They're pretty comfortable as far as cycling shoes go, though with the winter chill setting in, I found the uppers let in a lot of air. My feet were cold, so I still need to figure out what to do there. I haven't yet had a single instance where my foot slipped on the pedal, and due to the tread pattern I noticed I have to lift my foot to reposition. The soles do have a fair amount of give when putting your weight on them and bend pretty readily at the ball of your foot, so don't expect carbon disco slipper like pedaling efficiency. This will likely aid with feeling connected to the bike.

My only issue thus far is I found my foot slipping forward in them quite often, so I need to play around with lace tension to see if I can stop that, otherwise I'm going to be dealing with sore toes. I should also point out, the sole isn't completely flat; it has an upward curve from the ball to the toe. I don't know yet if this is an issue.

For what I paid, I'd def buy them again. As always, take the above FWIW, as I don't have experience with the other local competitors: 5-10 & 2FO.

Thanks for the info ,sorry to hear about the crash  heal up quick  :)

• 5 weeks later...