Flat pedals

igg

Awesome, thanks!

Have a look at Daild they have the DMR V12 and are awesome price is about R1090 I wear a size 12 and they are perfect with loads of grip.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A question for the knowledgeable flat pedal folk. Which flat pedals would you recommend for big wide feet i.e. UK12+? Do you think that wider/bigger platform pedals would make any discernible difference? My thinking is yes as a UK8 shoe would arguably fit a whole lot better onto a pedal compared to a UK13, for example.

I have been using the Giant flats for a fair few rides now and, while they have been doing a decent enough job, I find that a portion of my shoe hangs off the outer edge of the pedal leading to increased leg fatigue and a bit of discomfort (I wear a UK13). Would a wider platform pedal help with this? Or do I just need to work on foot placement more?

I use DMR V12 pedals with 5.10 shoes (stealth rubber sole) with my size 12 (4E super wide) slabs of meat.

Been about 15 months and very happy with the setup

Have a look at Daild they have the DMR V12 and are awesome price is about R1090 I wear a size 12 and they are perfect with loads of grip.

I use DMR V12 pedals with 5.10 shoes (stealth rubber sole) with my size 12 (4E super wide) slabs of meat.

Cool, shot for the input. Was considering these as an option as well. Will check them out

Cool, shot for the input. Was considering these as an option as well. Will check them out

Nearly forgot about them. The DMR's are cool ... we got some in last week and all sold out, Ordered a few more and sold half of that the day i arrived before I'd even booked them in.

Nearly forgot about them. The DMR's are cool ... we got some in last week and all sold out, Ordered a few more and sold half of that the day i arrived before I'd even booked them in.

Just goes to show, man. All that speak of "we'll never sell them, people don't want them" is just BS.

People don't want good high volume Maxxis tyres? Well then why has Rush sold pretty much an entire container FULL of them on the first consignment they brought in?

People don't want flat pedals? Well then, experience would say otherwise...

People only ride XC and 29ers... Yeah. We all saw how well that went. 

IDIOT importers. 

Just goes to show, man. All that speak of "we'll never sell them, people don't want them" is just BS.

People don't want good high volume Maxxis tyres? Well then why has Rush sold pretty much an entire container FULL of them on the first consignment they brought in?

IDIOT importers. 

Absolutely. Fortunately there are a couple of suppliers who we get from. If only we could find decent entry level flats.

I must admit that in this case I taught a skills session and two students grabbed Five Tens and DMR's afterwards. 

:thumbup:

IDIOT importers. 

I am going to go out on a limb here and say that the portion of the market based on sales history that has been responsible for paying the rent over the last few years is unfortunately the dirt roadies with their lycra clad shaven legs, aero helmets, 29" wheel, ballet shoe wearing crowd...

It is a game of economics. The majority of bikes sold are either gravel grinding marathon/XC bikes or entry level pavement cruisers (judging by what I have seen strapped to the back of shopping mall curb crawlers and roaming around the local bikepark.

HOWEVER...... That is slowly changing so hopefully more variety for the consumer  :thumbup:

How wide are the V12 vs Saints?

Came across superstar nano-x pedals in my search for wider platform optionshttp://www.superstarcomponents.com/en/nano-x-pedals.htm

While the price for the pedals alone seems reasonable, the shipping cost is crazy high! Even if it is through UPS the asking price of 96GBP would need a team effort to make it appealing.

Yeah, I used to use them a bit. Had superstar pedals, hubs and a whole host of other bits and pieces before they went the UPS route. 

what's the opinion on these

http://pedalinginnovations.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Kyle-Himpler-e1454980065963.jpg

what's the opinion on these

http://pedalinginnovations.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Kyle-Himpler-e1454980065963.jpg

I'm really really intrigued by them, and the literature makes sense (to me) 

Only thing that dissuaded me from buying them is that they're grub screws, instead of bolts. If they were bolts I'd have bought them instead of the SAINTs. 

I'm really really intrigued by them, and the literature makes sense (to me) 

Only thing that dissuaded me from buying them is that they're grub screws, instead of bolts. If they were bolts I'd have bought them instead of the SAINTs. 

why are the grub screws an issue?

why are the grub screws an issue?

Getting em out after they've hit rocks. Tearing out and destroying the threads.

Wonder if they'll be available locally at all.