• Brazilian
    • ride more till they harden TFU
  2. 2. What cure do you use to get rid of saddle sores

• lance them with a used EPO needle
    • lance them with a clean needle
    • creams used for drying up skin infections
    • secret family recipe

Hi,

Lots of good advice here. I agree with Nonky - Bactroban for  early signs. Later on if it gets worse I use TCP. Seems to work for me.

Happy Tjomie day to you all

Sarge

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ps: it's all about the saddle size and shape!! :(

anyone notice how many saddles are for sale in the classified this morning ;)

This stuff works wellattachicon.gifMad.jpg

Agree, works for me as well. Never had a problem since using it. Best part is that its cheap as well.

I have newfound respect for every girl that has had a closeup view of it ......

It's a great way of introducing yourself.

Stand often when you ride .Get the correct saddle .I have never had any 

Me neither, but at the 3rd day of this year's J2C I had !!  :whistling:

and..... off to the surgeon I go...

Surgeon? You must have a bad one brooding there...

Surgeon? You must have a bad one brooding there...

Will know the outcome in a few hours. Started off not being a saddle sore, tried to remedy it with most of what is mentioned on the forum above and nothing... after reading this https://www.sciencetosport.com/how-to-prevent-saddle-sores.aspx  and previous discussions with the GP (so uncomfortable) it seems that its what will need to happen, oh and a new range of bibs :wacko:

Warning.

I was told to spray the affected area with surgical spirits.

As I did not have any, I used aftershave.

It was a very, very bad move.  :(  :(

I get a sore in the saddle area which is a Staphylococcus infection, which is not the same as a classical saddle sore. I suspect many are get these and think they are saddle sores.

I have found that nothing really helps for these, except rest and antibiotics. I tried to use saddle cream, just makes it worse. In fact, it causes them.

I would be interested if anyone has found methods to prevent these. 

I get a sore in the saddle area which is a Staphylococcus infection, which is not the same as a classical saddle sore. I suspect many are get these and think they are saddle sores.

I have found that nothing really helps for these, except rest and antibiotics. I tried to use saddle cream, just makes it worse. In fact, it causes them.

I would be interested if anyone has found methods to prevent these. 

I can't even pretend to know what that is. Is it an oozing type thing like a giant puisie or a boil or is it a lumpy thing under the skin?

Edit: What cream are you using? Most good saddle creams have anti-microbial properties.

I can't even pretend to know what that is. Is it an oozing type thing like a giant puisie or a boil or is it a lumpy thing under the skin?

Basically a boil.

Basically a boil.

Ok. TBO I'm not so sure is anti-biotics would be the right way to go if you get these often. Not good to be on them for extended periods but maybe V12 could weigh in on this one.

For me a topical treatment resolves the problem coupled with 3-4 days off the bike if it is bad. But I don't think I get that more than once in 2 years and only after more than usual hours in the saddle.

Ok. TBO I'm not so sure is anti-biotics would be the right way to go if you get these often. Not good to be on them for extended periods but maybe V12 could weigh in on this one.

For me a topical treatment resolves the problem coupled with 3-4 days off the bike if it is bad. But I don't think I get that more than once in 2 years and only after more than usual hours in the saddle.

If I start the topical antibiotic immediately (bactroban or fuciden), it sometimes works.

I also suffer badly with spider bites, which is also Staph infection. The solution would be somehow to keep the Staph bacteria under control before they start.

If I start the topical antibiotic immediately (bactroban or fuciden), it sometimes works.

I also suffer badly with spider bites, which is also Staph infection. The solution would be somehow to keep the Staph bacteria under control before they start.

I trust the spider bites are not in the "saddle sore" area as well!

Archived