Post your woodwork here

Slowbee

Did the tracking rails and skeg this week and the fibre glass sanding yesterday after work...not my favourite thing to do I must say.

Found an air bubble or two under the tape which needed some repairs. The bottom now done and will coat in epoxy this weekend and then flip to finish the inside.

the end is near

post-19592-0-79075700-1468570061_thumb.jpg

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some low-tech emergency clamps: the wedge method, and the twisted rope. Mostly developed by the Romans. 

Look up bench dogs, the guys in the states love them... bascially just holes in your bench... ha ha ha 

Those hardwareonline guys are nuts!  How the F do you charge R753 for a $16 clamp?

The other guys not much better.  Anything above R200 for that is a rip-off. Rather import then from the US. Seems like the local blokes don't want our business.

Edited by Moridin

Look up bench dogs, the guys in the states love them... bascially just holes in your bench... ha ha ha 

But bench dogs are for holding down work, not really for clamping...but a very good idea stemming from the 1500's which is currently being revived.

Just a quick note on pipe clamps: do not use galvanised pipe.  The normal painted pipe works better.  Ask me how I know.  :blush:

Edited by Moridin

Approximate cost of getting it here?

Not sure, but I guestimate about $100 at least these days.

Question for you home improvement fundis. You see that crap wall of mine.

I want to cover it with some dry walling.  Do I use the 1200mm widths of the standard dry wall widths, or do I trim it to follow the roof trusses which is spaced 1080mm apart?

And what is the best isolation for filling in behind the dry walling to make my garage warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer?

Edited by Moridin

Just a quick note on pipe clamps: do not use galvanised pipe.  The normal painted pipe works better.  Ask me how I know.  :blush:

How do you know?

How do you know?

On mine, the moving part keep on getting stuck.  Then I have to moer it with a hammer to get moving again.