Post your woodwork here

Slowbee

Not a lot of turners on the hub? May I post some of my work? These are a siamese set of bluegum natural edged bowls. They came from the same piece of trunk. (Bottom to bottom.) The pith of the trunk was very much off centred and is actually in the smaller of the two bowls!

post-36242-0-18669000-1467534455_thumb.jpeg

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Clock wise from 6'o clock American ash, Tamboti flower pot, Kiaat segmented bowl, cedar plates, white karee candle holder, selection of eggs, two kiaat candle holders, pine honey bowl, rhodesian teak/ sand yellow wood/ rosewood segmented polka dot bowl, american ash bowl with cracks filled with coffee grinds and ca glue, selection of eggs in polka dot bowl (biggest one being tamboti), Rhodesian teak segmented salad bowl.

Clock wise from 6'o clock American ash, Tamboti flower pot, Kiaat segmented bowl, cedar plates, white karee candle holder, selection of eggs, two kiaat candle holders, pine honey bowl, rhodesian teak/ sand yellow wood/ rosewood segmented polka dot bowl, american ash bowl with cracks filled with coffee grinds and ca glue, selection of eggs in polka dot bowl (biggest one being tamboti), Rhodesian teak segmented salad bowl.

post-36242-0-67272000-1467537593_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Sniffie

Any one having some logs lying around which can be turned, pun intended, into something beautiful and useful like bowls, candle holders or pepper grinders?

Lovely turnings Sniffie.

Love the segmented work. I have access to Waterbessie and Natal Mahogany. Tambotie too every start of summer. As I sold my lathe to pay for a better table saw, I'll let you know when we have.

Question: how will we get the heavy pieces to the Vrystaat?

Lovely turnings Sniffie.

Love the segmented work. I have access to Waterbessie and Natal Mahogany. Tambotie too every start of summer. As I sold my lathe to pay for a better table saw, I'll let you know when we have.

Question: how will we get the heavy pieces to the Vrystaat?

Vrystaters going to natal on holday all the time, will make a plan of some sort. Might be worth going on holiday myself for a piece of mahogany or tamboti!

I have 5 really nice rosewood planks if anyone is keen...

About 2.5m long, 400wide, 50 thick.

Raw...

JHB only

Super tempting ... would be enough for a 10 seater tabletop. Do you have a price in mind?

Very nice indeed. Love Kiaat!

This is my latest creation. Had a bit of ratty old pallet wood masquerading as a "2 hour coffee table" which was just a stopgap. Repurposed it into this... Needs a bit of an alteration (seat a bit too short for my liking - easy fix) and it's secured solely with screws for now. Wanted to check it out before gluing anything... 

13613588_10157071908820133_7427136839163