Disappointing Bike Shops

I have learnt that some people have a very different idea to me as to what an acceptable time is to respond to my email.

I've never understood not responding in a timely manner to somebody who wants to give you their money, especially in this day and age where I will just find somebody else offering the same thing with a quick search.

If you have a contact form, there should at least be one person responsible for it as well as a backup - I don't want to hear that I didn't get a response for two weeks because the person who needed to reply was on family responsibility leave because their goldfish died.

It used to be acceptable to reply in a day or two to emails.

These days an hour or two is the max, that goes for all businesses.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

why do POTENTIAL customers think they derserve a red carpet rolled out when all they've done is send an email...?!

Next month he may want to purchase a new bike or bike for the wifey.It's you first line of communication [emoji106]

Like saying hi and shaking hands[emoji3]

Worse is when they have an “order book” with your details but don’t get back to you, resulting in you going directly to the importer to order the item. Then once delivered to the store they still want to add a mark-up for doing “Nothing”

Next month he may want to purchase a new bike or bike for the wifey.It's you first line of communication [emoji106]

Like saying hi and shaking hands[emoji3]

first line of communication is pick up the phone....

I kow  I know its soooo uncool to actually to pay to phone somebody when you can send them a message for free...

but just realize that there's probably hundreds of people thinking along the same lines and messaging via Email/Whatsapp/SMS.

Generally, 8/10, people answer the phone before responding to email queries

Guest notmyname

.....and this little piggy had none.

This little piggy went to Thebikehub and whined... A lot.... and stuff.

I Can say never had a problem with my local shop. I Claimed a new frame for my Silverback syncra 2, And they offered me a Silverback slider 1 with brand new Revelation shock and Dropper Post with the new frame, they striped down a brand new bike so that i could get my bike back in time. All in two weeks time from the day of claim. There was no problem email nothing send i was just phoned a told come and fetch your new bike. Now that is service that u can count on. Will never ride a other bike then Silverback. Just because of the service i get from them and my local shop owner.

Its not just Durban. Come to Gauteng, we have the champions of poor service here. Patronizing arrogant bike shop (using the term loosely of course) owners that resort to insulting and threatening customers long after said customers became ex-customers.

JCZA.......hitting the nail on the head. For once I must agree with the postmaster. And some real gems here in Pretoria. You walk in as a King.......walk out as a hobo......while being spinned all the BS in world. When you try and question the shop's work......ai,ai,ai there goes the baby with the water out the window.

Maybe we must compare notes on the "patronizing arrogant bike shop owners"......for me it is usually in the doing. You get these owners that talk a big game......but a quick glance at the physique will tell you the owner is a poefter.......like those okes on a morning ride that want to set the playing field, just to come up with excuses later in the ride when the energy is low. I prefer those bike shop owners that actually can do on a bike what they say......and leave the posers wanting while still chatting up a noobess.......

.......or like this one bike mechanic two years ago at Sabie. Everyone all talking and full of knowledge on how to ride in the muddy situations, how to save yourself for the climbs, how to descend, where to service a bike, yada, yada, yada.........rocks up with a single speed, rigid NINER (lets just call it THE GREEN MAMBA).......and rides the seven types of BS out of all the "pre-pro-wanabe-posers"......while still having time to fix other okes' bikes. LETS JUST SAY HE WAS NOT THE MOST FAVOURITE RIDER AROUND AMONG THE POSERS......they started their own group for some ego boosting.

That is why my steeds goes to Midrand......to a small shop.....wooden floors.....friendly advice......no fancy-pancy glitters and bling........good service.......beers and BS only on Fridays.......the rest of the time you live by your performance on the bike......or shut-up and HTFU.

Edited by BarHugger

Monday is "I rode xyz event this weekend and it sucked because........."

Tuesday and Wednesday are the tech thread days where everyone is fixing up the stuff they broke on their bikes on the weekend.  And moaning about how much new parts cost

Thursday is moan about politics and the economy day.  "Time to get out of here thread"

Friday we don't give a damn, because its nearly the weekend and we get to ride :clap:

So awesome to have an organised schedule eventually!

JCZA.......hitting the nail on the head. For once I must agree with the postmaster. And some real gems here in Pretoria. You walk in as a King.......walk out as a hobo......while being spinned all the BS in world. When you try and question the shop's work......ai,ai,ai there goes the baby with the water out the window.

Maybe we must compare notes on the "patronizing arrogant bike shop owners"......for me it is usually in the doing. You get these owners that talk a big game......but a quick glance at the physique will tell you the owner is a poefter.......like those okes on a morning ride that want to set the playing field, just to come up with excuses later in the ride when the energy is low. I prefer those bike shop owners that actually can do on a bike what they say......and leave the posers wanting while still chatting up a noobess.......

.......or like this one bike mechanic two years ago at Sabie. Everyone all talking and full of knowledge on how to ride in the muddy situations, how to save yourself for the climbs, how to descend, where to service a bike, yada, yada, yada.........rocks up with a single speed, rigid NINER (lets just call it THE GREEN MAMBA).......and rides the seven types of BS out of all the "pre-pro-wanabe-posers"......while still having time to fix other okes' bikes. LETS JUST SAY HE WAS NOT THE MOST FAVOURITE RIDER AROUND AMONG THE POSERS......they started their own group for some ego boosting.

That is why my steeds goes to Midrand......to a small shop.....wooden floors.....friendly advice......no fancy-pancy glitters and bling........good service.......beers and BS only on Fridays.......the rest of the time you live by your performance on the bike......or shut-up and HTFU.

AAAhh, Dangle.  Where's he lurking? Drove past the shop today but didn't have the time to stop in.

I have always had exceptional service from Jason and Mark from good2go, however I must concur that most bike shops most certainly don't go out of their way to provide a service to the ordinary man on the street. Earlier this year I wanted to buy a Santa Cruz, I couldn't even get a quotation out of the dealership; the perception I got was don't waste my time buddy. Sorry for you, I now ride a Pyga.

I usually order parts online from Naas or Janos from Evobikes. Once again I have only had exceptional service from them, they have even sent parts overnight from CPT to DBN when I needed them urgently at no extra cost.

I walked into a bike shop in Pietermaritzburg looking for a short stem, the salesman handed me something that looked like it was fabricated on the street corner, I asked him; what sort of bike do you think I ride, offering me this piece of ****; he was taken back when I told him he didn't have a bike in his shop equal to mine. My point is; don't judge a book by its cover, how hard can it be to establish the customers needs and provide a solution? I mean it's not like we are trying to buy bicycle parts from a hardware store.

T

Edited by Tony datoy

I have always had exceptional service from Jason and Mark from good2go, however I must concur that most bike shops most certainly don't go out of their way to provide a service to the ordinary man on the street. Earlier this year I wanted to buy a Santa Cruz, I couldn't even get a quotation out of the dealership; the perception I got was don't waste my time buddy. Sorry for you, I now ride a Pyga.

I usually order parts online from Naas or Janos from Evobikes. Once again I have only had exceptional service from them, they have even sent parts overnight from CPT to DBN when I needed them urgently at no extra cost.

I walked into a bike shop in Pietermaritzburg looking for a short stem, the salesman handed me something that looked like it was fabricated on the street corner, I asked him; what sort of bike do you think I ride, offering me this piece of ****; he was taken back when I told him he didn't have a bike in his shop equal to mine. My point is; don't judge a book by its cover, how hard can it be to establish the customers needs and provide a solution? I mean it's not like we are trying to buy bicycle parts from a hardware store.

T

Jeez dude where did you go, to Game or Makro?