Absolutely disappointed in Garmin. Bought myself a fresh out of the box Forerunner 735XT and it’s given the ghost after one open water swim. Will have to start the warranty process now.

i had a 735 18 months ago, lasted exactly 2 months before completely going into a software loop, no matter what was tried it could not be resurrected. Took it b ack to Navwolrd and demanded a full refund which they gave me.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Doing my firtst Ultra in 2 week's time at  Theewaterskloof, ;) and just had a look at the cycle profile.

Have to do 3 loops for the 90k cycle. That hill is nearly at 6% for 2.5km .... 

Copied the Power images from Bicycling - website.

Wish I had a bit more time to lose weight, although I am more worried about the 21km run.  :mellow:

Is it normal for Triathlons to have hills like this .... thought triathlons was generally flat so as to be able to compare time between different 70.3 events? .... lots of fun awaiting us ...  :)  

post-20017-0-24597300-1535540662_thumb.png

Doing my firtst Ultra in 2 week's time at  Theewaterskloof, ;) and just had a look at the cycle profile.

Wish I had a bit more time to lose weight, although I am more worried about the 21km run.  :mellow:

Is it normal for Triathlons to have hills like this .... thought triathlons was generally flat so as to be able to compare time between different 70.3 events? .... lots of fun awaiting us ...  :)  

We're doing the Ultra as a relay team (hubby and me), will see you there  :thumbup:

nope, each triathlon can be different.

There are quite a few hilly triathlons out there, Triathlon Alpe d'Huez, IM Lanzarote, IM Wales, Norseman etc

I think IM Germany's bike course has about 3000m worth of elevation gain if I'm not mistaken.

Edited by _David_

We're doing the Ultra as a relay team (hubby and me), will see you there  :thumbup:

How did you decide on who's doing which leg? Would imagine it being a fist-fight for the cycle?   :D

I can't run to save my life .... doing the run in 10 & 1's.  :ph34r:

How did you decide on who's doing which leg? Would imagine it being a fist-fight for the cycle? :D

I can't run to save my life .... doing the run in 10 & 1's. :ph34r:

He used to swim like a brick, although he’s improved drastically, his confidence needs a boost still. So I’m swimming. And then he’s a machine on the bike and run, so that was a deciding factor there ????

We were originally going to each do the sprint, but I hurt my knee and then my back, so my training got put on hold

We were originally going to each do the sprint, but I hurt my knee and then my back, so my training got put on hold

Sorry to hear ... hope you heal up soon .. 

;)

So Disylizzy + hubby are racing at this weekend’s Cape Ultra races... anyone else?

Eddie_V are you racing as well?

Got the registration email this morning and butterflies are already starting!  Not my first rodeo, but haven't raced in years.

Eddie_V are you racing as well?

hi ... yes, we've been keeping an eye on the weather for Theewaterskloof all week  :)

I've wanted to try the zogg predator now for a while. But quite a bit to lay out if they don't fit well. I've got a narrow face 

I dont think it will make a difference as it is about how it seals and fits around the eyesockets, it is pretty adaptable around the nose as well. But yeah like everything from saddles, shorts etc it is always a roll of the dice. 

it's going to be chilly!

yes .. the runoff from the snow is going to cool the water, and the air temp isn't great at 7:30 either. I always struggle those first few strokes, trying to force my face into the water ....  :D  

yes .. the runoff from the snow is going to cool the water, and the air temp isn't great at 7:30 either. I always struggle those first few strokes, trying to force my face into the water ....  :D  

looks like it is going to be chilly indeed, but good for racing...

post-93137-0-20828700-1536407227_thumb.png

will be thinking of all the swim-bike-runners tomorrow, hope your race goes to plan :)