• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That’s the rules as I understand em. As pros they should known that too.

Makes me think of that Brothers Brownlee finish. Can’t recall If they were disqualified but I thought they should have been

• 2 weeks later...

Hearing that Standard Bank is pulling out sponsorship for all Ironman events

Yoh not good.  Seems to be a trend at the moment.  Banks pulling sponsors from major Athletic events too.

Hearing that Standard Bank is pulling out sponsorship for all Ironman events

As of now?Or after the next 3 years?

Some interesting findings... for the age old question

Would like to see this comparison done and the rider then doing a 15km run after the bike.

Did an Olympic tri today. Not done an Olympic distance in 3 years or so. It was fun to do. Was in the Cotswold area so new location ,and what a beaut of a location.

Also had a problem with Elbow since April so total swim distance to date for the year been about 5 kms. Shame shame.

Swim went surprisingly well. I just took it easy and relaxed, 3 strokes breathe, 3 strokes breathe. 26 minutes and done,

Cycle was long due to roadworks so ended up being 44 kms and some sections of the course were being graded meaning slow sections. Still 1:25 I will take that,

The run was trail run around the lake, 6 laps. Kept getting stones and sticks in shoes so numerous stops but around an hour.

All in all a superb day out, really enjoyed the distance so will do more in future,

Great racing at the IMWC70.3 in Nice in both the women's and men's race under hot conditions!!

On another note, related to IMWC70.3, Lauren Goss banned for using cannabinoid cream to treat an ankle injury. https://www.scmp.com/sport/outdoor/extreme-sports/article/3025971/ironman-champion-lauren-gross-banned-using-cannabinoid

Absolute cracker, the guys run times were stupid. I never thought I'd see Gomez outrun (especially by Seb - I can't wait for Kona!)

Ryf is just a magical being.

Absolute cracker, the guys run times were stupid. I never thought I'd see Gomez outrun (especially by Seb - I can't wait for Kona!)

Ryf is just a magical being.

Times were incredibly fast for the run considering how much climbing was done on the bike leg.

I looked at my AG category (50-54) and even there the run times are fast !!  Pity my AG was won by L Jalabert (ex pro cyclist banned for doping)

Kona in 5 weeks, also going to be great racing!!

Times were incredibly fast for the run considering how much climbing was done on the bike leg.

I looked at my AG category (50-54) and even there the run times are fast !!  Pity my AG was won by L Jalabert (ex pro cyclist banned for doping)

Kona in 5 weeks, also going to be great racing!!

Ja the best age grouper was only 20 odd mins behind the winning pros! Its crazy how serious the 'normal' people have become. 

Umm silly question, the winner of 45 AG, Alexandre Vinokurov... thats not...the actual Vinokurov is it?!

Ja the best age grouper was only 20 odd mins behind the winning pros! Its crazy how serious the 'normal' people have become. 

Umm silly question, the winner of 45 AG, Alexandre Vinokurov... thats not...the actual Vinokurov is it?!

Yip Mr. Astana himself

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all. New to Triathlon and looking to find a decent and right swim course or coach Cape Town area. A guy in my area went to a total immersion course a few years ago and that helped him alot. But I cant find them doing that anymore. Only some link of a swim school in JHB offering this. Any help much appreciated