What heart rate monitors do you use for tri's? I'm struggling with my Wahoo Tickr. I wore it during my swim at IM70.3 Durban, and it just did not work after that the whole bike and run leg. 

Edit: I don't care for heart rate data during my swim. I had it on to save time during transition

I use wrist based HR from the suunto spartan. not great but also not bad. Like the freedom of not having a chest strap, (one less thing to forget). takes HR in water (questionable accuracy) but like you pointed out, I also don't care about HR during swim, maybe post race for giggles 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mariella Sawyer took second at IM Japan 70.3 this weekend, in her first race as a pro! awesome.

I see big things from Marielle, rising star of note.

Brownlee looking pretty dangerous at a washed out IM Ireland the other day. Kona looking good for a proper race at the front of the guys race.

Brownlee looking pretty dangerous at a washed out IM Ireland the other day. Kona looking good for a proper race at the front of the guys race.

Apart from he struggled on the run which he admitted himself.... so will have to do a lot of work leading up to Kona.

Seen quite a few videos of IM Ireland, it was brutal in the cold and rain

Had to bail on the race[emoji85][emoji22]

Still having issues with my calf and can’t run more than 6km.

Eish, sorry to hear that.

Get better soon.

Apart from he struggled on the run which he admitted himself.... so will have to do a lot of work leading up to Kona.

Seen quite a few videos of IM Ireland, it was brutal in the cold and rain

I didn't know that, I only saw his first 10k split which was hauling along! Good then to see him blow up at the end, nice to know they're human

I didn't know that, I only saw his first 10k split which was hauling along! Good then to see him blow up at the end, nice to know they're human

"I set off on the run and thought I'm not sure I'm going to do it. I just set into a rhythm and tried to eat up some ground. Until the last 10km I was quite enjoying it, but the last 10km were not fun at all."

https://www.bbc.com/sport/triathlon/48742092

IM Cork Windmill Hill in the rain, many did not have the power on the wet and slippery road to ride up the hill, so had to walk it (twice).... it was a brutal day with no swim and lashing rain/wind.  Heard a few failed to finish due to hypothermia.

You can see Brownlee climbing it 35s into the video

https://youtu.be/3cDcU7BuWJ4

Edited by shaper

• 4 weeks later...

Some excellent kit I have just finished reading is "Finding my Voice" by Mike Reilly.

This will give you super motivation, well worth every penny and cheap in comparison to the price of kit.

I sound like a book club. Another must read.

Can’t hurt me. By david goggins.

Just read it.

I love this guy. Every time I listen to an interview or anything he just gets you so fired up. 

Gummi we need to meet up for a beer that Monday!! I got one of those mails as well. Paid and going!!

How did Roth go?

I love this guy. Every time I listen to an interview or anything he just gets you so fired up.

I will be swimming across the atlantic next week from Monday to Wednesday.

Breitling have hooked up with Ironman to create an Ironman branded Breitling. Only 3050 pounds....only. Only 300 being made.

Looks sweet, and no doubt would match my tat very nicely.

Anyone got 3050 to give me, alternatively it is my birthday soon ;)

Daniela Ryf at the Triathlon Alpe d'Huez last week...

6th overall.

run split faster than the winning man,

fastest overall on the Alp d'Huez section of the bike leg,

Monster.