Gareth Cliff - Shut Him Up

fau1ty

why don't we all hold hands and start singing kumbaya, if we just accept being called losers...

i agree, what image is he passing across, there's enough of us being mowed down daily.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good point saffa, perhaps make him understand that roadies in full euro kit and triathletes are fair game

Or if he just bashed the cyclists who wear lycra shorts at any time other than when they're on their bikes, i think that will be fine.

Now now....You all shouldnt get so worked up so early in the week. Its bad for you. Gareth might be a **** but he is one awesome radio presenter. One of the few thats keeping five FM alive. He makes controversial statements all the time....why? Because its his f**kInG job! Let him be...there is much more serious stuff going on in the world. So get back to work.

could not agree more! there is people that does not even have a job or food and some people moan about some dude that does not like cyclists....Confused

In fact, i plead with all hubbers, should any1 ever catch me out on my bike or anywhere else in a lycra baaisikiling pant, PLEASE mow me down in cold blood...DeadDeadDead

Now now....You all shouldnt get so worked up so early in the week. Its bad for you. Gareth might be a **** but he is one awesome radio presenter. One of the few thats keeping five FM alive. He makes controversial statements all the time....why? Because its his f**kInG job! Let him be...there is much more serious stuff going on in the world. So get back to work.

could not agree more! there is people that does not even have a job or food and some people moan about some dude that does not like cyclists....Confused

I got no food.... was no bread at home ... can you guys start a petition for me ... and my jean pant were dirty today too .... i feel very vulnerable and my heart is sore ;) ahhahahahaha i am in a stupid mood, sorry, i will disconnect my keyboard now ...

In fact' date=' i plead with all hubbers, should any1 ever catch me out on my bike or anywhere else in a lycra baaisikiling pant, PLEASE mow me down in cold blood...DeadDeadDead[/quote']

*click* keyboard back in

My lycra pant are tight and it makes me go comfy on my MTB ... alll because it feels nice :)

*unclick* keyboard out again

I laaik verry mutch if va uvva peepil can see if i are cirkumsishind or not, espeshily when i are shopping inside of va pick and pay... 

Take him on a nice cycle - inform him - teach him - leave women out of itCry, otherwise he gets sidetrackedLOL. He might think he is Gods gift to women but this is Gods gift to all of us and the reason why we enjoy cycling. Anyway, we all know he is paid for being a donkeys A$$ so let him be.Wacko20080506_003620_Tokai1.JPG

Petitions hardly ever get the reaction its subscribers want.

If he doesn't want to accept a public invitation to ride in a team car to speak an 'educated opinion" (well said!), he doesn't want to be educated. Radio stations aren't worried about DJs speaking their minds, unless it's defamatory, hate speech etc.

Instead wear your cycling clothes with pride, show him it takes more than a dumb @ss on radio to ruffle our feathers. Gareth who?

Judging by the views and posts, Gareth Cliff is achieving exactly what he set out to do. The man is a genius. 

Cliff's show is typical of modern radio.  Modern radio is designed to be direct on emotional controversial issues.  A few comments designed to get an emotional response from callers and then get all the listeners worked up about the issue.  None of this requires any thought by the listener.  Most listeners find the comments funny because they have no emotional attachment to the issue, so it is amusing to see others get so worked up about the comments made.  Simple formula made for simple listeners - a bit like soapies for the radio listener.

In fact' date=' i plead with all hubbers, should any1 ever catch me out on my bike or anywhere else in a lycra baaisikiling pant, PLEASE mow me down in cold blood...DeadDeadDead[/quote']

*click* keyboard back in

My lycra pant are tight and it makes me go comfy on my MTB ... alll because it feels nice :)

*unclick* keyboard out again

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

thanks Saffa, needed a laugh this morning !

I got no food.... was no bread at home ... can you guys start a petition for me ... and my jean pant were dirty today too .... i feel very vulnerable and my heart is sore ;) ahhahahahaha i am in a stupid mood' date=' sorry, i will disconnect my keyboard now ...
[/quote']

LOL never apologise for a mood like this!!

Cliff's show is typical of modern radio.  Modern radio is designed to be direct on emotional controversial issues.  A few comments designed to get an emotional response from callers and then get all the listeners worked up about the issue.  None of this requires any thought by the listener.  Most listeners find the comments funny because they have no emotional attachment to the issue' date=' so it is amusing to see others get so worked up about the comments made.  Simple formula made for simple listeners - a bit like soapies for the radio listener.[/quote']

ClapPreeeecisely

And they fall for it every time