Hard Tail and Soft Tail?

flatwheel

*full suspension. 

Soft tail is a completely different concept, with no pivot points. Like an old cannondale scalpel.

Does that make a hard tail a 'half suspension' then?  :P

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only if you run a Lefty :lol:

While we are here... the front suspension is called a fork not a front shock. The rear suspension is a shock.

Only if you run a Lefty :lol:

While we are here... the front suspension is called a fork not a front shock. The rear suspension is a shock.

If it's a hardtail it's a shock - if it's a softail duallie it's a fork :whistling:

I heard from someone that the Full suspension bikes actually "saves" your back especially if you are a bit older? Any views on this?

Initially, it does.

If your lifestyle remains the same though, your back related problems will only get worse.

There's about 200% more suspension in your body than any bike can give you - train that and also your riding style in order to "save" your back...not the other way round.

Since I built my rigid SS my 130mm FS only stands in garage. 

My 2cent. 

Strokes and folks. But you still have 2 different tools for 2 different jobs. a 130mm trail bike is hardly the same as your rigid. Despite OP's one bike being dual and the other not. They're still kinda the same kind of bike for the same kind of use...kinda. 

If n+1 is anything to go by. Your quiver, fettle, fleet of bikes or which ever the word is makes more sense if it was n + x + y instead n1 + n2 + n3. I hope someone can figure out what I'm saying. Its monday.

Strokes and folks. But you still have 2 different tools for 2 different jobs. a 130mm trail bike is hardly the same as your rigid. Despite OP's one bike being dual and the other not. They're still kinda the same kind of bike for the same kind of use...kinda. 

If n+1 is anything to go by. Your quiver, fettle, fleet of bikes or which ever the word is makes more sense if it was n + x + y instead n1 + n2 + n3. I hope someone can figure out what I'm saying. Its monday.

Apple, orange, plum. All fruit, but different types. 

Apple, orange, plum. All fruit, but different types. 

But you get granny smith apples, and golden delicious apples, and red apples, and and and

But you get granny smith apples, and golden delicious apples, and red apples, and and and

Apples. All the same, just slightly different taste. They're all apples.

A plum, though, isn't. 

I'd still rather have an orange and an apple instead of 2 apples.

Even if the one is a Macintosh.

Unless you're someone who REALLY like apples. Then by all memes

http://www.kappit.com/img/pics/201504_0856_ebbad_sm.jpg

Apples. All the same, just slightly different taste. They're all apples.

A plum, though, isn't. 

its true. A plum can make you forget about all your apples

What is this, then? (My brother's homebuilt frame with a USE SUB fork on which he did about 6000km. Frame idea came from Slingshot bikes. He replaced the down-tube  with a cable and spring set-up and put a flex point in the top-tube. Used a Schwinn Moab frame as basis and reinforced everything with carbon fibre. The "Stealth Mutant" handled better than my 2004 Scalpel soft-tail.)

post-33762-0-86849200-1465216829_thumb.png

What is this, then? (My brother's homebuilt frame with a USE SUB fork on which he did about 6000km. Frame idea came from Slingshot bikes. He replaced the down-tube  with a cable and spring set-up and put a flex point in the top-tube. Used a Schwinn Moab frame as basis and reinforced everything with carbon fibre. The "Stealth Mutant" handled better than my 2004 Scalpel soft-tail.)

that's cos, quite simply, your 'dale was shaite!

:P

Archived