Canyon bikes

Duimpies

for every two bikes bought someone can fly over and collect it..... pick me pick me

Long distance volumetric with insurance...

Could also try a freight forwarder e.g. Shipito.com. Think they have an Austrian drop address. I use them for US purchases.

Unfortunately there is no dealer in SA you must either talk to them via their Facebook page and make a order or on their website. I got my bike over 7 months ago and when I tried to find out more about the shipping costs it was over 400 Euro. And you don't get a Evoc bag  :D, but they do pack it well. Here is the packaging. So if you interested in getting one DO It you won't be disappointed!

post-45615-0-97320200-1466256536_thumb.jpeg

Edited by @Cycle Maniac

• 2 months later...

Just to add to the Canyon knowledge base.

I ordered mine (Lux CF 8.9) and it took 2 weeks exactly from order to getting it delivered to my work. The Canyon experience was ok (takes some time communicating with them, they duplicated the order and i was a bit worried on the sizing being between a medium and large - in the end I went with a medium and it's just right). The local courier (DHL) was absolutely terrible - although I wanted to get the bike more than they wanted to send it to me. If you have imported too many things (like from CRC) you need an importers number, luckily I had one - given the price of bikes the one purchase will probably put you over the limit.

The bike is out of this world! Quick, agile, light (11kg for full suss 2*11) and great to ride. Strava PB's all over the place and it was a group ride.

Yes, the 400 euro is steep and you then add 15% duty and 14% VAT but is still comes in cheaper than the equivalent spec Specialized or BMC. I ordered on sale and the rand was a bit stronger at R13.50.

Would I do it again? Possibly. Is it worth the admin, yes. Am I happy with the bike, for sure :thumbup: !!!

I can send the import waybill if you don't believe me......

I would tell him to do one

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 5 months later...

Just to add to the Canyon knowledge base.

I ordered mine (Lux CF 8.9) and it took 2 weeks exactly from order to getting it delivered to my work. The Canyon experience was ok (takes some time communicating with them, they duplicated the order and i was a bit worried on the sizing being between a medium and large - in the end I went with a medium and it's just right). The local courier (DHL) was absolutely terrible - although I wanted to get the bike more than they wanted to send it to me. If you have imported too many things (like from CRC) you need an importers number, luckily I had one - given the price of bikes the one purchase will probably put you over the limit.

The bike is out of this world! Quick, agile, light (11kg for full suss 2*11) and great to ride. Strava PB's all over the place and it was a group ride.

Yes, the 400 euro is steep and you then add 15% duty and 14% VAT but is still comes in cheaper than the equivalent spec Specialized or BMC. I ordered on sale and the rand was a bit stronger at R13.50.

Would I do it again? Possibly. Is it worth the admin, yes. Am I happy with the bike, for sure :thumbup: !!!

Is the 15% duty and 14 % Vat on the total including delivery?

I checked online and used the calculator and it came up with a figure of R10500 but in the Breakdown the duty for nil?

Is the 15% duty and 14 % Vat on the total including delivery?

I checked online and used the calculator and it came up with a figure of R10500 but in the Breakdown the duty for nil?

Duties are calculates on the value of the item/s without shipping. Usually. At least that's the rule