I am so confused with this country - Not Cycling

Saffa_G

The UK rains like no where else' date=' Dubai is a giant sand castle, Aus has a drug problem in schools, the US and the natural disasters. Which problem are you happy to live with and there you have it.[/quote']

THe UK it rains too much, Dubai is waaaay too hot to cycle, Aus is full of idiots and the US is even more full of idiots. NZders are a bit to comfy with their sheep. So that leaves........

China?

I don't eat cats or dogs.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The UK rains like no where else' date=' Dubai is a giant sand castle, Aus has a drug problem in schools, the US and the natural disasters. Which problem are you happy to live with and there you have it.[/quote']

THe UK it rains too much, Dubai is waaaay too hot to cycle, Aus is full of idiots and the US is even more full of idiots. NZders are a bit to comfy with their sheep. So that leaves........

China?

I don't eat cats or dogs.

rice ?

american chop chow mein?

hey folks whats your feeling about our country' date=' not the land and how pretty it are ;)  But rather the crime and the future and are we heading towards another Zimbabwe stuff up?  I am very negative about SA at the moment and have been thinking hard about turning my back and leaving .....

Your views???
[/quote']

Never ending question about sums up this topic?

After 5.5 years here in Schweiz I still ask myself this question everyday..

Stay here or go back ???

Heart says - go back son!!

Brain says - WTF!!! you mad stay.

We have our problems and issues here, but nowhere near on the same scale as you have in SA.

For the record we came here on an expat contract through my wifes work, one day we will have to make up our mind when the contract ends....

Our country is not a complete 1st world country nor 3rd world. Therefore everything in this country would seem to be a bit more worse than in 1st world countries and we can't be compared to them, allthough they have there own nice crap....like germany with all there child abuse and killings over last period...very green that side of the world, hey!! 

Our economic status will always be like a bigger rollercoaster as compared to 1st world countries. That means we will have great times and tuff times. Ours will just fluctuate more then there's.

Now, what gets interesting is how everyone start moaning about everything when its a tuff time economically....hell, its part of our country for decades!! Things will get better by next year and then after 2011-2012 we will go down again......if you don't like the situation now, pack your backs....i don't want to here the same story in years time....and again in years time! Adapt or dissipear, its simple as you know where our country is going.

Delgado,

No I think he's saying that based on his 24yrs (decades) of experience that SA is slowly devolving from a 1st World to a 3rd World roller coaster ride, and that if you dont like roller coasters then you should get the hell out of the Fairground.

And that some current 1st World countries (Germany) are better at hiding their sh*tty roller coasters than SA is.

ConfusedConfusedConfused

Guest Big H

Ok I only read to page two and skipped to the end.

I have been living in African countries who has gone down the drain for the past three years. I left RSA becuase I could earn $$$US, do not have to pay tax and can make a difference in the countries I go to.

When I was still in RSA it was expected of me to train so called disadvantaged young Technicians and Engineers to do our work..... well the practical side of it. They would soon leave the company as youngsters and get a job earning two times or more of my salary. I then refused to train them any more and asked to be paid to be train. I was just laughed at. Where I live now people want to be trained and become well versed in the industry. They are not like the bunch in RSA who just gets rich because they are so called disadvantaged.

The sad thing though...... because we only visit roughly every three months we can see the downhill slide taking place. It is scary to see traces of the Lagos mentality or the Mozambique poverty jumping out everywhere. Hell ......... RSA should have been at least where Namibia is now. Namibia is a friendly country with very little crime and all people are building happily on making their country better. Hell in RSA they even burgled Mbeki's house recently..... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Down right f....'in incredible and he will most likely find a justification for that as well!!!!!!!!

WAKE UP AND SMELL THE ROSES!!!!!!! My opinion is that it is too late already and we will keep on sliding untill nothing is left and the rich few has taken everything. Remember the communist ideology that says..... everybody is equal ..... but some people are more equal that other..... or was it George Orwell that said it!!!!!!!!

Delgado' date='

No I think he's saying that based on his 24yrs (decades) of experience that SA is slowly devolving from a 1st World to a 3rd World roller coaster ride, and that if you dont like roller coasters then you should get the hell out of the Fairground.

And that some current 1st World countries (Germany) are better at hiding their sh*tty roller coasters than SA is.

ConfusedConfusedConfused

[/quote']

Something like that ya swissvan....allthough we will stay between a 1st world and 3rd world country....ant its not my experience but the general trend of economic status of this country over decades.

everybody is equal ..... but some people are more equal that other..... or was it George Orwell that said it!!!!!!!!

Animal Farm......

Man, I hated that book!!!  Embarrassed

Delgado' date='

ConfusedConfusedConfused

[/quote'] Cool!! Except that SA has never in its wildest NP dreams been a 1st world country!!!

everybody is equal ..... but some people are more equal that other..... or was it George Orwell that said it!!!!!!!!

Animal Farm......

Man' date=' I hated that book!!!  Embarrassed
[/quote']

Thumbs%20Down good booked ruined by a unhappy teacher

Delgado' date='

ConfusedConfusedConfused

[/quote'] Cool!! Except that SA has never in its wildest NP dreams been a 1st world country!!!

Yes true....we got the Rubicon speech instead, shortly to be followed by the Rainbow nation notion...

Of course the shortage of skills is creating serious opportunities for the young talent (black, white green or yellow) that does stay back but that is the short term outlook. The overall situation is deteriorating which will gradually weigh on the economy. ESKOM is a natural consequence. The municipality bail out that was attempted last year is another.

And here is a story that should make your hair stand on end. This is the sort of stuff that really, really worries me. Instead of saying ... Jeez we f**ked this up, but how do we fix it - we take a very African type response and say well actually it is good for us ... and it is only a temporary inconvenience. Ja a minor inconvenience of 5 year f**king handbrake on our economy.

This is real problem - we are accepting lower standards in the name of "post apartheid freedom" rather than being honest about dealing with real problems and getting on with making it better.

http://www.fin24.com/articles/default/display_article.aspx?Nav=ns&ArticleID=1518-24_2318256

Windbreaker2008-05-07 12:50:26