2016 Vuelta a España

Bonus

And the other birdie confirms.. all is not well.

When you not winning and things not going your way... doesn't take much to upset team dynamics... especially when everyone is tired after a long season

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hear what everyone is saying in regards to CF and fatigue. While i agree on this, and i'm actually glad he is because if he wasn't all the haters would say it proves he is doping. Anyway back to the point i'm trying to make here, while CF is fatigued the rest of his team have no excuse to be. 

If i was on the 'B' team for sky and now our team leader has at the last minute decided to race an event i am doing, i would be turning myself inside out for him. Bugger personal feelings or what ever other excuses, my number one objective would be to protect him so well that he will remember me and next year when fatigue / injury strikes an "A" team member, CF will want me. Or even just straight up replace Landa. I mean since moving from the "Dirty" Astana to the "clean" sky he has been absolutely terrible and his spot cant be guaranteed anymore!

Plus with the budget of Sky and the ability to buy just about anyone, surely Sunday's result will be the start of the end of a few of those guys careers in black & blue. If you can't do the job you are paid to do then why have you at all?

1 minute intervals, going to be interesting racing dynamics today!  As Froome will be 1 minute in front of Quintana and if he starts riding away will that motivate or deflate Quintana??

1 minute intervals, going to be interesting racing dynamics today! As Froome will be 1 minute in front of Quintana and if he starts riding away will that motivate or deflate Quintana??

I was thinking the same thing this morning and I guess it depends on the rider's temprament.

Froome in front could be useful for Quintana to better judge his pace. And he won't have the psycological burden of Froome catching and passing him.

But who knows what's going on in their heads!

1 minute intervals, going to be interesting racing dynamics today!  As Froome will be 1 minute in front of Quintana and if he starts riding away will that motivate or deflate Quintana??

TBH i do not think NQ can go out there to with the mindset to gage his effort as per frooms performance. He should go out with the mindset to give it his all, if froomy comes close to his time, the team will communicate that and use it as motivation

The Cheese is tired. Too much cycling for those young legs in one year.

I agree. Perhaps it's part of a plan to develop him. To me he just looks finished.

I agree. Perhaps it's part of a plan to develop him. To me he just looks finished.

Was too much.. had Froome, Nairo, Bert and Chavez not been at the Vuelta perhaps it would've been a little better for cheese.. but with those guys taking the start an already difficult Vuelta became so much harder.

Archived