[Event] 2017 Cape Town Cycle Tour - Argus

Bianchisti

Really hoping you bring that weather with you ... given the choice of a sub 3 hour argus or a day of serious soaking rain where it's so wet that they call off the ride?

I'm coming to SA to escape that weather ,not to bring it along!  

That forecast from Duane looks perfect to me  :thumbup:

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What will my chance be of doing a sub 3 if I start in 1 M group?

I would think the chance from 1M would be virtually zero. Last year the sub 3's stopped around 1H.

Very unlikely. If there are a couple of strong okes with you, you might have a slim chance.

I think I unofficialy have my substituted seeding (seen on Racetec). 2D. Who else?!

It was available since last week. Waiting for official email.

With the wind factor this year... there will only be a few sub 3's this year I guess..

Edited by Mongoose!

With the wind factor this year... there will only be a few sub 3's this year I guess..

A few hundred :P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If they postpone to the Monday it will be the best Argus weather ever!!! Past 3 Sundays the wind has been unrelenting and riding in it was classified as a type of attempted suicide by most medical aids, then the Monday has been a high 20deg day with NO wind at all till about 3pm... Eish...

Goodie bags have been poorly affected by the internet age. There are not as many really arbitrary magazines on esoteric subjects published and printed these days to go "stale" and end up as out of date pre Argus reading.

Seeming as you guys have already started with the weather predictions, I may as well ask whats the goodie bag like?

Nah, let's save the complaining for next week, otherwise we may just run out of things to do to help calm the nerves. . . 

Seeming as you guys have already started with the weather predictions, I may as well ask whats the goodie bag like?

I can also assure you that this year's expo will be the most disappointing yet... If the comments on each year's thread is anything to go by..

I can also assure you that this year's expo will be the most disappointing yet... If the comments on each year's thread is anything to go by..

And that the goodie bag is worse than all of the previous 40 years put together, and it isn't value for money considering how much we pay and the various exhibitors are too pushy with their products.

All standard affair for the pre-race days.