Clicking noise when I pedal....

Rhodent

How old are your pedals? Have seen many guys with new bike's carrying over old warn pedals from there previous bike and experiencing this problem. (myself included)

And as everyone else mentioned, check and grease all other stuff.

Sent from my S40 using Tapatalk

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My seatpost and calbles made a clicking noise. Cables rubbed on the carbon fibre frame guard sticker

Mine did the same. My super mechanic took one look, grabbed the handle bar, facing my bike from drive train side and put his foot on the peddle and pushed it in and away from him. There was too much flex and the reason was the pivot behind chain ring. Tightened both pvots and clicking noise was gone.

Most annoying sound on down stroke ever!

In my case it is usually one of two things when that creeking noises makes a appearance. The BB might be dry. Take it the crank off the bike, clean it and grease it where necessary, same goes for the bb cups etc. If the noise is still there, it will probably be your freebody of your rear wheel. Take the cassette off, clean it, remoce freebody and bearings inside. Feel the bearings, if they dont run smooth its them most of the time. If not, clean then, lube and grease the freebody where necessary and that should solve your creeking issue. If not, then it might be your skewer.

Aah, the good old creaking and squeeking burden.

I had a squeek that I finally pinpointed to a slightly loose cable cable rubbing on the frame.

Check ALL bolts are tightened and creased, skewers, pivots....etc.

Sometimes you are sure it's coming from a certain area but this make a fool out of you and the sound can travel from another area. Get another set of ears on board to help nail down the exact location. Pull out the stethoscope..lol

I'm no expert. It probably has nothuhg to do with the pedals. Have your knees checked out ;)

Had also a clicking/ticking noise on my bike every single pedal stroke LBS could not find it, then one day while I had my bike on service stand and was cleaning chain I found the problem.

Where the cable connects to the front derailleur cable was to long and the cable end cap touching pedal, problem solved

Try tightening the allen key bolt that goes through your crank arm into your BB. If it clicks under power that's possibly a bit loose.

Crank brother pedals? Mine were click click for a while, then a sold crunch when the bearing disintegrated! If they are CB when last did you service them? For me the price of the service kit lost to the price of Shimano

I fixed it.... Isolated it to the left pedal by replacing the cleats with flats. But still not sure what the issue was... Just cleaned it out and put it back and it's nice and quiet!!

My seatpost and calbles made a clicking noise. Cables rubbed on the carbon fibre frame guard sticker

Had a clicking noise as well and Michael from Cycles Direct put some carbon paste on the seatpost.Worked like a charm.

undo all bolts, clean each thoroughly, lubing those that need it. apply fibregrip where required and torque all bolts as required. also lube the QRs. job done....

undo all bolts, clean each thoroughly, lubing those that need it. apply fibregrip where required and torque all bolts as required. also lube the QRs. job done....

Unless it's a Scott Spark, don't follow the torque recommendations on the pivot bolts, ever!!!

• 2 weeks later...

For what it's worth - after trying heaps of things to fix a click - unscrewing pedals, lubing threads, tightening again solved it! Relief!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didnt report back on this... but i managed to isolate the problem to my pedals the night before die burger, and sorted it out so thankfully had a quiet race...

The damn click is back though.... and this time its not the pedals... it still happens when I freewheel...

i'm losing my mind here....

Archived