BigNiner

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Where can we find route maps? I would like to see if the 65K Fair Cape Chain Breaker will be as tough as last year.

Where can we find route maps? I would like to see if the 65K Fair Cape Chain Breaker will be as tough as last year.

Rouxenator - the route planners are still debating... The maps will be posted once the routes are finalised. Very roughly the same as last year but afaik that climb behind the quarry is now out along with a few other changes, the climbing will still be around 2000 meters.

That quarry climb got me good  :clap: no wonder it's called CWC Durbie Death Climb on Strava. The way I had it last year it was 69KM and 1,837M climbing. 

• 2 weeks later...

Someone driving from Stellenbosch in the morning and have space for me and my bike (I am doing the 65km)? I will contribute to petrol, and it had helped me a lot!

Someone driving from Stellenbosch in the morning and have space for me and my bike (I am doing the 65km)? I will contribute to petrol, and it had helped me a lot!

I normally have space, doing the long road, so 6am start as well . Drop me PM.

overpriced 

How much did you pay for your last bike service? 

How much does a tank of fuel cost?

How much of that goes to charity?

Cycle events are never overpriced and always for a good cause. I get so miffed when folks driving half a mil worth of SUV with a fancy carbon bike on the back complains about a R350 entry fee.