[Event] Durbie Dash

BigNiner

The wind certainly made it tough going for us in the 90Km road event. We started out with a decent size tandem field, but by Fisantekraal airfield there were just 3 of us tandems left, and we worked together all the way to Adderley where we dropped 1 to finish 2nd a few seconds behind the other. The splintered groups ahead that we caught formed a sizeable bunch that worked together nicely with us 3 tandems.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just want to find out if there was a topic started on the driver (lady driver) that hit a cyclist in the last 20km on purpose ???

There were eye witnesses... the wife also witnessed this and we have the reg number of the vehicle...

Maybe the cyclist that was hit should post it... if he is a hubber, apparently many people witnessed this.

Just want to find out if there was a topic started on the driver (lady driver) that hit a cyclist in the last 20km on purpose ???

There were eye witnesses... the wife also witnessed this and we have the reg number of the vehicle...

Maybe the cyclist that was hit should post it... if he is a hubber, apparently many people witnessed this.

WHAT! 

Silver Rav4 or something?

Haven't seen a topic

A worthy one indeed

Sounds rof

Silver Rav4 or something?

Yip....

I'm getting more details on this... maybe ill start the topic.

We will be emailing PPA about this also! I just want the cyclist involved to come out as the wife was just a witness as was many others...

Felt like some guys didnt want to finish too quick and get back to their wives... 

scared of the wind yet they run to the gutter  :wacko:

I tried to form so many echelons till I was a victim of a fatigued guy who switched my front wheel.

Very enjoyable ride otherwise, learnt how to have fun again  :clap:

Savage did you PR on your little solo break ?

scared of the wind yet they run to the gutter :wacko:

I tried to form so many echelons till I was a victim of a fatigued guy who switched my front wheel.

Very enjoyable ride otherwise, learnt how to have fun again :clap:

Savage did you PR on your little solo break ?

I got swiped by a gust en route to Klipheuwel, lost my line a bit and someone's wheel scuffed my white Italian kicks ???? and also kissed my RD with his spokes...

You maybe?

You had lumo detail in your kit?

Shouting 'make an echelon like on TV...' ?????

If so, glad you're okay, man

Glad my derailleur is cool too ????

Edited by 'Dale

Yip....

I'm getting more details on this... maybe ill start the topic.

We will be emailing PPA about this also! I just want the cyclist involved to come out as the wife was just a witness as was many others...

Bottom page 4 :)  was me and someone else... (unless she did it more times) I hit her car with my hand (well, my hand accidently slipped of my handles and came to very abrupt stop against her car) and told her politely (not really) what I thought of her ..

but she definitely rode into the other person in front of me hitting their back wheel from side.. glad he did not fall... could have been nasty. 

My testimony wont stand up in court .. I was shattered and semi dead at the time.   :)

Edit: link to post  https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/162236-event-durbie-dash/?p=2996747

Edited by Karman de Lange

I got swiped by a gust en route to Klipheuwel, lost my line a bit and someone's wheel scuffed my white Italian kicks and also kissed my RD with his spokes...

You maybe?

You had lumo detail in your kit?

Shouting 'make an echelon like on TV...' ?

If so, glad you're okay, man

Kissed ??? dude you wiped me out .... four Easton spokes broken  :mellow:

You sure it was you ? German flag on the right shoulder ?

Or was it a knock on effect?

Yeah lumo greeen mix.

lol Dude they failed to understand echelon and stay out the gutter, you can't blame me for saying that.

yeah thanks managed to stay up right.

My first time doing the Race 

started in F-G group tried to hold on to F Riders, that was a mistake, got dropped 20km in and picked up again by the G Group. Stayed with G until the 60 km mark and then got dropped again ( im not sure how lol ) clawed my way back to the group and held on for protection from the wind  :w00t:.

finished with a time 2:55 which I am happy with considering the conditions  :clap:

Kissed ??? dude you wiped me out .... four Easton spokes broken  :mellow:

You sure it was you ? German flag on the right shoulder ?

Or was it a knock on effect?

Yeah lumo greeen mix.

lol Dude they failed to understand echelon and stay out the gutter, you can't blame me for saying that.

yeah thanks managed to stay up right.

Yip, that'll be 

I heard that unmistakable sound of metal....

I thought my race was over too

Glad you stayed upright

Yeah, I was in the drops and then *boof* got a gust and my line went

We were not organised at that point and trying to get an arrow going.

There were a few of us near the front and the rest were hiding. :nuke:

My first time doing the Race 

started in F-G group tried to hold on to F Riders, that was a mistake, got dropped 20km in and picked up again by the G Group. Stayed with G until the 60 km mark and then got dropped again ( im not sure how lol ) clawed my way back to the group and held on for protection from the wind  :w00t:.

finished with a time 2:55 which I am happy with considering the conditions  :clap:

Well done  :clap:

Yip, that'll be 

I heard that unmistakable sound of metal....

I thought my race was over too

Glad you stayed upright

Yeah, I was in the drops and then *boof* got a gust and my line went

We were not organised at that point and trying to get an arrow going.

There were a few of us near the front and the rest were hiding. :nuke:

No stress...

Fun day out , catch you at the next one  :thumbup:

I got swiped by a gust en route to Klipheuwel, lost my line a bit and someone's wheel scuffed my white Italian kicks and also kissed my RD with his spokes...

A gust of wind? And you were the only one affected by that gust, strange..... Almost took more than one person out in the process.