Contego Segment Hunter #3: The battle for Cape Cobra

Contego Segment Hunter

Nils Hansen. He's so hot right now (for those old enough to have seen the original Zoolander)

Coolest individual in South African cycling. Top bloke.

His infatuation with bikes is so natural and effortless, comes across with vivid authenticity on this edit. 

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyhoo, as an aside, is there a "control" in this series ie Strava is renowned for variances from device to device and sometimes it's just full of crap. Interested to know how that is levelled to ensure a fair outcome or avoid disputes when there's a second in it in future.

And please, before I'm accused of belittling people or detracting from penis contests, this is an agenda-free query.

I agree. On this very segment - the DH version, I have had some fast runs that have come nowhere on the good old Strava - last time out I rode it twice and the second time was much quicker, both down and up, but not according to Strava. Unless Strava is inconsistent in how it ranks your runs i.e sometimes puts the second faster run before the first slower run in the results - but this isn't my experience elsewhere.  This isn't the first time I have seen this happen at Hoogies on this segment. Usually I am spot on in assessing whether I have been quicker or not on  a segment. Not so at Hoogies. 

LOL. I reckon we're gonna have the same problem when tokai reopens. New lines, shorter lines, longer lines..

I think there has to be variance of more than 50% or something in order for it to be recognised, but it is a problem that I wish the developers would recognise and somehow "close" a segment if a trail centre tells them it's an old unused trail or something. 

On the Tokai front - is it not possible for a clean slate to be created for Strava there. Surely we could get the okes in the USA to clean every segment off so we can put up some new ones?

On the Tokai front - is it not possible for a clean slate to be created for Strava there. Surely we could get the okes in the USA to clean every segment off so we can put up some new ones?

Was thinking that on the last build

Well, I should be about eleventy seven percent faster with this on the rear... 

Had to order it as they weren't in stock at my Spaz outlet. Sure gonna look zeff on my giant reign with my Schwalbe front rubber. 

STRAVAAA!

http://ep1.pinkbike.org/p5pb11041573/p5pb11041573.jpg

I'll hit the KOM later once they've evened the downhill section and removed all the rocky bits after the maintenance cycle is completed

#justsaying

#dirtroadie

I have news for you... It's open again :P

Not a chance if you're gonna miss all the rocks and stuff... :P

I'm getting a skills coach then ????

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I should be about eleventy seven percent faster with this on the rear... 

Had to order it as they weren't in stock at my Spaz outlet. Sure gonna look zeff on my giant reign with my Schwalbe front rubber. 

STRAVAAA!

http://ep1.pinkbike.org/p5pb11041573/p5pb11041573.jpg

so how is the zef tyre going?