Riding at Suikerbosrand?

Matuka

Does that gate also open at 7am? Is there usually a queue there too?

Yip 7am and there is never a queue.

But as already mentioned, its not a great idea to leave a car at the Kareekloof gate.

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely not a poor time. Strava will give you the All-Time stats, have a look on there where you've placed. 

cool will check it out. Will hopefully be back there early Nov for some 947 prep work, it would have to be the weekend after Carnival.

Yip 7am and there is never a queue.

But as already mentioned, its not a great idea to leave a car at the Kareekloof gate.

Why is it not safe to park at this gate? Thievery? Is it a bit more secure at the old circus spot?

Why is it not safe to park at this gate? Thievery? Is it a bit more secure at the old circus spot?

I have not personally had any issues as i don't park there, but you need to park outside the reserve quite far from the gate.  Just doesn't look and feel safe to me.  The circus is safe and secure, has good post ride coffee and killer pancakes !!

• 2 months later...

Peeps, over the upcoming holidays I want to head to SBR on my MTB for some distance and climbing, away from cars. The last time I was there was when I first started riding, and I left some tear stains on the tar, think I'll manage a bit better now - are there specific rules / etiquette I should be aware of to be safe and not be in the way of fast moving roadies?

Peeps, over the upcoming holidays I want to head to SBR on my MTB for some distance and climbing, away from cars. The last time I was there was when I first started riding, and I left some tear stains on the tar, think I'll manage a bit better now - are there specific rules / etiquette I should be aware of to be safe and not be in the way of fast moving roadies?

I might see you there! Hoping to head out on Friday. The only rule I know is to stick to the one way route. I love that ride but it takes me ages (I'm on a road bike) so I also get overtaken all the time. 

I might see you there! Hoping to head out on Friday. The only rule I know is to stick to the one way route. I love that ride but it takes me ages (I'm on a road bike) so I also get overtaken all the time.

If you find me on the way curled up in the foetal position crying, please just on leave me but move my bike out of harms way ;)

Please shed your tears on the veld and not the tar [emoji24][emoji23][emoji57][emoji1303]

Never been out there, which is the right way around??? Why can't you go both ways?

There would be carnage if you could!! Some are found to be going the wrong way at times.

Great car BTW.