Riding at Suikerbosrand?

Matuka

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow that place is a serious leg killer. Had to walk up most of the last hill section. Was impressed with myself for riding most of it!

Did my fastest top end ever of 66.2km/h and that was just with my weight pulling me down (MTB). Probably could have gone faster but didn't want to fly off the edge of the bends  :eek: .

Brake disc got nice and blue too...

Did a lap on the mtb yesterday. Got 78.1km/hr by freewheeling. I can't turn pedals that fast with my 34 oval ring.

What concerned me and the group that were riding is that we got no receipt on entry for our R25 x 20 riders. Im sure most of it gets pocketed

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

Edited by Firozfx

In case there were any doubts about the downhills being treated as easy in the reserve... freewheeling through the bends, pedaling on the straights.

attachicon.gifSBR.png

Not sure the word easy can be associated with sbr . Although the last 30m is a nice easy freewheel to the car ????

Will go on Saturday. Wondering if it will be accessible on Sunday (with Emperors happening)?

Will go on Saturday. Wondering if it will be accessible on Sunday (with Emperors happening)?

The Emperors race doesn't affect the road to SBR...

You take the R550 offramp on the N3, turn right, while the race runs on the R103 (parallel to the N3).

post-1372-0-38296900-1492685265_thumb.png

I'm no longer a double SBR virgin  :clap: ...

Dude I have thought about it a few times whilst doing my 1 st lap & then been to tired to attempt it. Need to learn to back of and pace myself.

But doing it by yourself is also a tough ask. I'll attempt it soon ????

Kudos to a double lap ????Not something everyone can do ????

Dude I have thought about it a few times whilst doing my 1 st lap & then been to tired to attempt it. Need to learn to back of and pace myself.

But doing it by yourself is also a tough ask. I'll attempt it soon

Kudos to a double lap Not something everyone can do

I did it on my Cotic steel frame MTB...more for comfort and to get the max out of the training session!

Did the first lap with friends and a comfortable 2:40. Back to the car, change of bottles and off again.The second lap I was alone with my head down, managed 2:14.

Totals: just short of 5hrs rolling time. 115km and 2300m climbing! A good training session in any language!

There's a long weekend coming up...might be time for another Double! :whistling:

I did it on my Cotic steel frame MTB...more for comfort and to get the max out of the training session!

Did the first lap with friends and a comfortable 2:40. Back to the car, change of bottles and off again.The second lap I was alone with my head down, managed 2:14.

Totals: just short of 5hrs rolling time. 115km and 2300m climbing! A good training session in any language!

There's a long weekend coming up...might be time for another Double! :whistling:

I really hate you right now.... :eek: :eek: .I will do a lap on Saturday then another on Sunday(double lap over the week-end)

I really hate you right now.... :eek: :eek: .I will do a lap on Saturday then another on Sunday(double lap over the week-end)

You can come ride with me, on thursday we're coming from Heidelberg to do a small lap, full lap and another small then back home to Heidelberg. Gives you +- 130 km total with 2100m climbing, then Saturday from heidelberg - dbl SBR - back home (about 160km)