Terrible Bike service

Irshaadmayet

If ever you go past Shoukits in Thornton road opposite Sinton High, they sell raw koesiesters in 10's. Made like the old tiieties used to with aniseed in. You can even freeze them and take them out the night before to syrup on Sunday. Syrup is basically cup of sugar to cup of water. Trick is to get consistency right and not to syrup too long. My mother used to add cinnamon sticks and cardamon to syrup. My wife pops the raw koesiesters in microwave for a min before syrup then you don't have to leave the it in syrup too long.

Ja we freeeze ours, then microwave them before sugaring. Works well, although I am not a microwave fan. 

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only store bought patties that I really really like is from Wembley butcher.

After that it is a toss up between Good Hope, Shoukats and Dawoods.

Ordinarily I don't use store bought patties at all any more but since I am on a ship that's all there is to use sadly. However I presume that the abovementioned happen to do decent quality patties as a lazy alternative?

Sent from my GT-S6790 using Tapatalk

WTF!!!

Terrible bike service to Koeksisters to breakfast patties

What's going on here?

I'm calling Die Muishond to restore some order on the Hub :whistling:

You mean you know Die Muishond????

Ordinarily I don't use store bought patties at all any more but since I am on a ship that's all there is to use sadly. However I presume that the abovementioned happen to do decent quality patties as a lazy alternative?

Sent from my GT-S6790 using Tapatalk

Indeed, I find that Wembley patties to contain the most meat and little by products. Like some other places where the patty shrinks when frying.

Indeed, I find that Wembley patties to contain the most meat and little by products. Like some other places where the patty shrinks when frying.

I like grinding my own. Far more control over what goes in to the mince... 

I like grinding my own. Far more control over what goes in to the mince... 

Indeed. It is the best way. 

Sometimes I get the butcher to grind up some beef for me to use for patties.

Let's move on from Koesister/Koeksisters/or however the hell you wanna say/spell it...

How do you guys make your omelettes?

I make mine, like this:

Braise onion until golden brown in butter, Add, some crushed garlic, chopped up green chillies and let braise for another short while...

Remove from the pan into a bowl, break the eggs over it in same bowl, add salt and pepper and whisk until I feel it's ready... Add Dhanya/Coriander to the mix and gooi in pan again with butter....

Flip over add cheese and whatever else you'd like (Maybe Spiced Beef strips or Pastrami) fold over and serve...

Let me know what you think when you've made it that way....

Add ingredients as you wish and depending on the size of omelette you intend to make...

:thumbup:  ;)

I can't eat an omelette any other way, anymore... it tastes too bland...

Let's move on from Koesister/Koeksisters/or however the hell you wanna say/spell it...

I make mine, like this:

Braise onion until golden brown in butter, Add, some crushed garlic, chopped up green chillies and let braise for another short while...

Remove from the pan into a bowl, break the eggs over it in same bowl, add salt and pepper and whisk until I feel it's ready... Add Dhanya/Coriander to the mix and gooi in pan again with butter....

Flip over add cheese and whatever else you'd like (Maybe Spiced Beef strips or Pastrami) fold over and serve...

Add ingredients as you wish and depending on the size of omelette you intend to make...

I Mine never turn out properly. Always like exotic scrambled eggs... 

I make mine, like this:

Seeing as it's Friday...you know braising is done while mostly submerged in liquid? I would guess you meant sauté ?  :thumbup:

Seeing as it's Friday...you know braising is done while mostly submerged in liquid? I would guess you meant sauté ?  :thumbup:

See, you knew exactly what I meant even though I had not explained it correctly...  :devil:  :ph34r:

I make what I call an Egg pizza - fry up some meat pieces/ham/bacon/leftovers/sausage...whatever you like. Beat about 5 large eggs in a bowl, add some spice (black pepper, Aromat, herbs...whatever you like) then pour into the frying pan where you have the stuffs cooking.

Cook on low heat. Cover slightly with one of those steel cover things but not fully and cook until egg is cooked through. Don't flip over. Get a nice brown on the bottom.

Cut in half...add sauce (whatever you like)...serve...enjoy

I Mine never turn out properly. Always like exotic scrambled eggs...

Closer to correct than anything that's flipped.

I make what I call an Egg pizza - fry up some meat pieces/ham/bacon/leftovers/sausage...whatever you like. Beat about 5 large eggs in a bowl, add some spice (black pepper, Aromat, herbs...whatever you like) then pour into the frying pan where you have the stuffs cooking.

Cook on low heat. Cover slightly with one of those steel cover things but not fully and cook until egg is cooked through. Don't flip over. Get a nice brown on the bottom.

Cut in half...add sauce (whatever you like)...serve...enjoy

Aromat? Stuff should be banned [emoji1]

And brown? That's cruelty to eggs that is.

That said I'd eat it [emoji1]

Aromat? Stuff should be banned [emoji1]

And brown? That's cruelty to eggs that is.

That said I'd eat it [emoji1]

Haha..kid Digs Aromat...It's only brown at the bottom (holds it all together) and all fluffy on the top..

Seeing as it's Friday...you know braising is done while mostly submerged in liquid? I would guess you meant sauté ? [emoji106]

For the pendants out there it involves first searing the food at a high heat and then cooking slowly in liquid.

For the pendants out there it involves first searing the food at a high heat and then cooking slowly in liquid.

whereas sautee means frying at a medium heat with the help of some sort of fat. 

Archived