Lauf Fork?

racing4Lauf

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only 60mm travel (may be 70mm).

Most plush fork you will ever ride.

You need to be above 65kg to get the most from it.

Don't buy if you are an XC rider , perfect for marathon.

Good luck with the buy.

• 2 years later...

This might sound silly but for my purpose I would buy one if they were QR.

Too many wheel sets to replace.

Only 60mm travel (may be 70mm).

Most plush fork you will ever ride.

You need to be above 65kg to get the most from it.

Don't buy if you are an XC rider , perfect for marathon.

Good luck with the buy.

100% Couldnt agree more.

Why would someone with the hub name "racing4lauf" be looking for opinions on buying a lauf fork?

Why would someone with the hub name "racing4lauf" be looking for opinions on buying a lauf fork?

2 years old, his first post and the same day he joined - must have been keen on that fork to name himself racing4lauf

Please report back on how it performs and more specifically what sort of riding you are using it for - I have heard a few differing opinions and I'm looking for someone to talk me into it because I really need my arm twisted to buy new bike stuff

I've been riding a Lauf fork for 4 years already. It's great!

I do mostly long ultra endurance riding, and for that the fork is perfect. It takes out the road buzz, and it just works.

However, you can also do XC style riding on it - the thing can handle the abuse. There is no rebound, so you do have to do a bit of work with your arms and body.

The freakiest part of the Lauf fork is seeing the wheel wander all over the place. Since it floats between the springs, there is very little resistance to lateral motion, which, when looking down at the wheel can be quite disconcerting. But it still rides like a dream!

You obviously have to pick your lines a little better - you can't go bombing over rocks, expecting your fork to make up for any k@k choices. You've only got 60mm of travel, so use it wisely.

For a no hassle, just ride, kind of bike bit, the Lauf fork is brilliant.

Archived