Chain Reaction Cycles- Sram

Shangri la

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some people buy stuff offshore as the local supplier dont have stock....

We live in a third world, so I know the local supplier will be permanently out of stock.

Take Coolheat for example. More out of stock than anything else. But still they insist to be the sole distributor of a market bigger than they can handle...

And with no online competition, now they can ask what they like...its called a monopoly.

Edited by Mongoose!

This is a normal thing, they do it with Sidi Shoes and protect the agents in South Africa.

there is an easy work around, register as a person living in the UK, make up a address, then once you have your Sram products in your basket then include a new postal address in SA, if this fails and they have your ip address, just get a UK IP address with the help of smartproxy or similar.

www.smartdnsproxy.com

But the registering as a uk client normal does it for me

OMG I just tried it with my own advice, they rejected me buying Sram and Zipp products, 

this is not great news, if Cool Heat get onto this bandwagon they will stop us getting Shimano parts, then they have us by the short and curlies, and prices will increase, thank god for CWC keeping it regulated.

I will try the Smart poxy tonight, but they picked up this on the final step of my delivery request.

Over the past 3 years or so, there was a fair amount of price parity between local pricing and landed price for imported cycling hardware. But of late, say the past year, the difference between local pricing for forks for instance, and the landed cost of importing one, easily ran into thousands of rands. If you were lucky and/or smart, and you waited for the european sale season, then the price differential was even more staggering.

With this bit of protectioneering by SRAM, would it be a stretch to hope that prices will come down to more palatable levels now that they are going to be moving more stock locally, ie, not have to compete with private imports? Someone laughed at me this morning when i expressed this bit of personal optimism :P

Over the past 3 years or so, there was a fair amount of price parity between local pricing and landed price for imported cycling hardware. But of late, say the past year, the difference between local pricing for forks for instance, and the landed cost of importing one, easily ran into thousands of rands. If you were lucky and/or smart, and you waited for the european sale season, then the price differential was even more staggering.

With this bit of protectioneering by SRAM, would it be a stretch to hope that prices will come down to more palatable levels now that they are going to be moving more stock locally, ie, not have to compete with private imports? Someone laughed at me this morning when i expressed this bit of personal optimism :P

I'm afraid the cynic in me says no ..... you know like the petrol price, retailers up prices because of the petrol price but NEVER reduce the price as petrol has come down!

I'm afraid the cynic in me says no ..... you know like the petrol price, retailers up prices because of the petrol price but NEVER reduce the price as petrol has come down!

I guess there's a lot of 'reason' for higher prices built into the forex influence <_<

When I emailed CRC, they said that they would take the order over the phone. If all else fails, try that option, and let us know how it goes.

OMG I just tried it with my own advice, they rejected me buying Sram and Zipp products,

this is not great news, if Cool Heat get onto this bandwagon they will stop us getting Shimano parts, then they have us by the short and curlies, and prices will increase, thank god for CWC keeping it regulated.

I will try the Smart poxy tonight, but they picked up this on the final step of my delivery request.