[Event] The Bestmed Satellite Classic

Events Bot

started in AL and hang on for dear life to the front bunch until about 65 km when I realised that my front wheel was loose. I literally stopped for about 5 sec to tighten it and was about 50m beyond the bunch. I tried for about 2 km to catch them and burnt all matches in the process. Ride until hekpoort on my own before the front of BL caught up with me. My legs was shot and I couldn't stick with them.

Ended eventually in 3h05 which was a bit disappointing. otherwise an awesome race.

I don't mean to pry into your personal life or anything but how did you start a race with a loose front wheel? :ph34r:

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ASG, what happened to the 'goody bag' for early entries?

I asked the question on the Satellite Classic's Twitter handle. They replied that it must have been a mix-up on their side, I should inbox them my details. I tried in vain to send them my details via their Twitter inbox, so asked them to send me an e-mail address instead. That was Friday, haven't heard from them since. Not impressed.

I asked the question on the Satellite Classic's Twitter handle. They replied that it must have been a mix-up on their side, I should inbox them my details. I tried in vain to send them my details via their Twitter inbox, so asked them to send me an e-mail address instead. That was Friday, haven't heard from them since. Not impressed.

Seems to be more than just an innocent mix-up.  Myself and a mate also did the early bird and when he went to collect the numbers at CL on Thursday he asked about it and was told everybody gets the same and nothing extra for early bird entries!!

Seems to be more than just an innocent mix-up. Myself and a mate also did the early bird and when he went to collect the numbers at CL on Thursday he asked about it and was told everybody gets the same and nothing extra for early bird entries!!

Ditto. Someone somewhere is telling porkies.

the facilities available for the supporters and family members at the venue was really poor.  And I did not even get a medal or a hot glass of powerade at the finish.......

I don't mean to pry into your personal life or anything but how did you start a race with a loose front wheel? :ph34r:

I absolutely have no Idea, but lesson learned.

On a slightly more serious note.

In the rush toget my buddy to the hospital, I think we dropped his Garmin.

If anybody picked up a Edge 510 on the grassy knoll, please let me know. Beers will be involved.

Strange that there are only 2409 timed results across the three distances.

106km - 1362

80km - 895

65km - 152

Does that mean 2500 people are riding without chips? I highly doubt they had 5000 as claimed.

All the best to those that crashed (and obviously not part of the 2409 timed finishers.

Count me as one of the chipless, I forgot that my chip as still attached to my previous (stolen) bike and only realised the evening before when getting everything ready

I got the contact details for the people at ASG that are responsible for taking care of the issues with the early bird entry merchandise. I'll keep you guys posted on the progress.

I suggest that anyone else that did the early bird entry should email them as well. Send me a personal inbox message and I'll share their email address with you.

I got the contact details for the people at ASG that are responsible for taking care of the issues with the early bird entry merchandise. I'll keep you guys posted on the progress.

I suggest that anyone else that did the early bird entry should email them as well. Send me a personal inbox message and I'll share their email address with you.

What was their reason for not handing it out?

You shouldn't have to go chasing and begging for your early bird merchandise.  ASG know they cocked up as no one got.  They have the data base/date of payments so know who the early bird entries were.... For good PR and it would not take a lot of effort would be to actually email those concerned to arrange delivery/collection of the early bird goodies!!!

What was their reason for not handing it out?

At pickup: "There are no extra goodies for early-bird entries, everyone gets the same"

On their Twitter account: "there must have been some sort of mix up during packing. Please inbox us your contact details." :huh: 

You shouldn't have to go chasing and begging for your early bird merchandise.  ASG know they cocked up as no one got.  They have the data base/date of payments so know who the early bird entries were.... For good PR and it would not take a lot of effort would be to actually email those concerned to arrange delivery/collection of the early bird goodies!!!

Agreed. I'm chasing this as a matter of principle, otherwise they will just leave it to die out quietly.

Anyone else that knows they entered before the end of May can send me their email address and I'll CC them in the communications.

Agreed. I'm chasing this as a matter of principle, otherwise they will just leave it to die out quietly.

Anyone else that knows they entered before the end of May can send me their email address and I'll CC them in the communications.

Perhaps then you can you can mention it to ASG to do the PR rather than individuals having to do extra PITA chasing

What was the early bird special?

I think its high time that somebody takes ASG to the ASA.

They need to learn that you cannot promise something to get entries and then not make good on those promises.

Last year ToGH, advertised jackets, gave shitty rain things.

Last year Sondela, advertised RaceTec timing, was done by ooms and tannies with clip boards.

This year ToGH, advertised Team comp jerseys........ yada yada yada

ASG, either start delivering on your promises, or just stop making them. Its not hard.