[Event] The Bestmed Satellite Classic

Events Bot

Does anybody know if the finish has been moved?

Drove past the finish yesterday, and the left turn into Saloon 66 and that little road is completely broken up.

Absolutely no ways that the race can finish up there.

I don't know why they don't just make us finish just before we turn into saloon. That little down hill sprint followed by sharp left is treacherous.

Finish 200M before and free wheel into saloon.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know why they don't just make us finish just before we turn into saloon. That little down hill sprint followed by sharp left is treacherous.

Finish 200M before and free wheel into saloon.

I agree, we should just finish on the tar road instead of turning left into saloon

I  dont see any other alternative tomorrow to be honest.

The left turn and 200m uphill is about 1m wide at the moment.

Unless they tar it today, they will have to make a plan.

Must be that special stuff they have been laying down overnight in Greenside for the last few weeks. 

Race Venue

The venue for the event is Saloon Route 66 on the Hartbeeshoek Road which joins Hekpoort and the ring road around Hartbeespoort Dam.

The organization has tarred a section of the start/finish chute every year further up to the Saloon and this year is no different with the tarred road now spanning just over 600 metres.

The chute has also been made 1.5 meters wider all the way to top, which will ensure that the chute for the Road Classic is less congested in the morning and that proceedings flow freely once cyclists start finishing later in the day.

Edited by WR 1.0

Felt like something was missing after receiving my goodie bag earlier today. I checked my emails because I distinctly remembered there was some reward for early bird entries.

Found the email quickly and sent the tweet below through to the organizers, will see what they say.

I am more peeved off by the principle of the matter instead of the actual water bottles...

post-27827-0-78422600-1477054574_thumb.png

post-27827-0-68211300-1477054735_thumb.png

Felt like something was missing after receiving my goodie bag earlier today. I checked my emails because I distinctly remembered there was some reward for early bird entries.

Found the email quickly and sent the tweet below through to the organizers, will see what they say.

I am more peeved off by the principle of the matter instead of the actual water bottles...

I was also a bit disappointed - the SO made me enter early for us so she could get the goody bag

She won't be happy tonight...

Please tell me that's not why you entered the race... :mellow:

Please tell me that's not why you entered the race... :mellow:

Entered because of seeding for CTCT.

Entered early because of promise of extra free stuff. Would probably have entered anyways, but getting baited into an early entry and then not even getting my extra goodies is not on. Like I said above, matter of principles.

Entered because of seeding for CTCT.

Entered early because of promise of extra free stuff. Would probably have entered anyways, but getting baited into an early entry and then not even getting my extra goodies is not on. Like I said above, matter of principles.

Hope it goes well.

At least the rain has cleared the air of all the dust for the race. What's your start batch?

Hope it goes well.

At least the rain has cleared the air of all the dust for the race. What's your start batch?

Agreed, whether conditions seem promising. Not too hot but the rain will also stay away until 12:00.

Doing the 80km, Starting in B-batch. Gonna wheelsuck like a legend, won't be caught out again like on R4V.

After surviving Hekpoort I might start to think about working with anyone that is still around me that couldn't stick with the mountain goats.

post-27827-0-86849600-1477056014_thumb.png

This has happened to me before with an ASG event. They often advertise early bird specials but don't seem to keep track of it anywhere or deliver on their promotion. In my experience, once you raise it with them they do sort it out and give you the goods but personally I don't think you should have to ask as if they're doing you a favour. I agree its not the reason why I enter but it does entice me to enter early - I do go through my fair share of water bottlles.

Edited by Pall Catt

This has happened to me before with an ASG event. They often advertise early bird specials but don't seem to keep track of it anywhere or deliver on their promotion. In my experience, once you raise it with them they do sort it out and give you the goods but personally I don't think you should have to ask as if they're doing you a favour. I agree its not the reason why I enter but it does entice me to enter early - I do go through my fair share of water bottlles.

Why do I keep feeling like ASG is taking me for a ride, and its getting progressively worse