[Event] The Bestmed Satellite Classic

Events Bot

FYI, nagging works.

Got my two bottles delivered by courier this morning.

Now it is time to ask them what they are going to do for the rest of the early bird entries...

I tried to keep out of this one, but now I want to add.. this is shocking! How can you just not deliver on your promise? I have a suspicion that they actually don't have enough stock to give to all early entrants and that they bargain on only a small percentage that would follow up, like you did.

I would want to see how many early entrants there were and what percentage of them received their bottles and whatever is inside.

If I had the time I would've taken it further and get a consumer protection place involved. But alas, I don't.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Too low...Wilro was 1.30 I was expecting this one to be around 1.20

Compared to Wilro this race was a breeze.

Edited by Patchelicious

Some feedback on the Questions posted to ASG regarding the Early Bird merchandise and the Lucky Draw:

Wynand(ASG):

"We have sent (and are still sending) bottles to the early bird riders who have got in contact and said they missed their bottles."

"Up to date we have sent off 300 bottles, which has come at a considerable cost, in an effort to remedy the situation and try and supply to everyone who missed out.

Winners of the stuff were:

Keith Smith (bike bag)

Bennie Pretorius, Ryno Hartman, Gary Glen, Bennie Pearson and Gerald Bothma."

To which Eon replied:

"Is there a way you can provide proof of entry for these winners? I find not a single name as a registered entrant to the Satellite Classic per racetec."

Well done on thinking of that check Eon, didn't even cross my mind.

So, if any of you know one of these lucky winners and can confirm whether or not they won these prizes it would be very helpful to discussions.

Some feedback on the Questions posted to ASG regarding the Early Bird merchandise and the Lucky Draw:

Wynand(ASG):

"We have sent (and are still sending) bottles to the early bird riders who have got in contact and said they missed their bottles."

"Up to date we have sent off 300 bottles, which has come at a considerable cost, in an effort to remedy the situation and try and supply to everyone who missed out.

Winners of the stuff were:

Keith Smith (bike bag)

Bennie Pretorius, Ryno Hartman, Gary Glen, Bennie Pearson and Gerald Bothma."

To which Eon replied:

"Is there a way you can provide proof of entry for these winners? I find not a single name as a registered entrant to the Satellite Classic per racetec."

Well done on thinking of that check Eon, didn't even cross my mind.

So, if any of you know one of these lucky winners and can confirm whether or not they won these prizes it would be very helpful to discussions.

I can confirm receipt via courier of the bottles for the early bird entry.

Thank you ASG. 

However this entire episode was preventable so let's hope lessons were learnt and preventative measure were implemented.

To which Eon replied:

Highly unlikely situation that happened here. 

For simplicity, let's assume a highly unlikely scenario where 50% of the Early Birds had Racetec Chips ad 50% did not... Now, ASG ended up with selecting 6 people at random, and all 6 of them coincidentally fell into the 50% who seems to not have racetec chips. 

So lets equate this to 6 coin flips. The chance of 6 coin flips in a row landing on the same side is 1.562%. To quote the stats statement on this scenario: "Which is also to say that there was a 98.44% chance that this outcome would not occur by chance."

This is not impossible, Hillary Clinton won 6 coin flips on 1 Feb 2016.

Highly unlikely situation that happened here.

For simplicity, let's assume a highly unlikely scenario where 50% of the Early Birds had Racetec Chips ad 50% did not... Now, ASG ended up with selecting 6 people at random, and all 6 of them coincidentally fell into the 50% who seems to not have racetec chips.

So lets equate this to 6 coin flips. The chance of 6 coin flips in a row landing on the same side is 1.562%. To quote the stats statement on this scenario: "Which is also to say that there was a 98.44% chance that this outcome would not occur by chance."

This is not impossible, Hillary Clinton won 6 coin flips on 1 Feb 2016.

To be fair I found each of those names on the racetec site, just with none of them registered for the Satellite Classic. Where the names weren't unique, I checked each profile.

I don't think that this is necessarily conclusive, which is why I asked them to provide proof.

Furthermore, these draws have some regulations that they need to comply to. I'd like to know who did the draw, when this happened, etc. And if they don't want to provide the details to me, I'm happy to open a case against them. It's hardly much effort.

To be fair I found each of those names on the racetec site, just with none of them registered for the Satellite Classic. Where the names weren't unique, I checked each profile.

I don't think that this is necessarily conclusive, which is why I asked them to provide proof.

Furthermore, these draws have some regulations that they need to comply to. I'd like to know who did the draw, when this happened, etc. And if they don't want to provide the details to me, I'm happy to open a case against them. It's hardly much effort.

:clap:

• 11 months later...

Does anyone know why registration cannot be done before the start? Driving from Secunda makes it difficult to pick up the number on the Friday...