LBS - Wash and lube... post yours!

T-Bob

I wash my own bike with help from my 16 month old son , which means him wanting to climb in the bucket of water.

I wonder what's included in a R175 wash as compared to a R50 one.

Would never pay R175 , doesn't even cost that much to wash ,tyre polish and vacuum your car.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wash my own bike with help from my 16 month old son , which means him wanting to climb in the bucket of water.

Would never pay R175 , doesn't even cost that much to wash ,tyre polish and vacuum your car.

Not even if your bike is a Spez? :whistling:

Was also wondering this.

I was my own bike .

Takes about 20 min for  a wash and go ....

And I get to see all the new scratches as soon as the bike is clean .

I just wash it myself. First thing I do is put it on my work stand and give it a proper clean (the good old toothbrush method), let it dry out in the sun and then lube it up before I hang it up in my garage.

Serves as an inspection as well to look for any damage or loose components.

This usually goes down with a good strong cuppa coffee, or an ice cold windhoek draught..

+1, need to wash my own bike to check all is in order after the ride, not many bike washers sit and check all the bearings for play, and check the spots that usually get missed when cleaning. Remember, no one loves your bike as much as you do...

I don't think I ever took it away for a wash. Whenever bike shops wash it, its because its there for some other reason. I'll hose and wipe after rides and give a lekker skrop once a month or so. I have thought about organizing a bike wash though. You know. As a fund raiser for Tokai.

ed0e01b22bfcfb589bb9a7a39b0ef51f.jpg

I absolutely love your picture - your Avatar I mean - GOKUUUUU

None of those prices factored in the fuel spent driving to the bike shop.

Btw, do you guys drop your wife off somewhere to be serviced as well?

I wash my own friggen bike. R50 odd rand for big container of cleen green and off you go.

SMH.

None of those prices factored in the fuel spent driving to the bike shop.

Btw, do you guys drop your wife off somewhere to be serviced as well?

I wash my own friggen bike. R50 odd rand for big container of cleen green and off you go.

SMH.

If you consider having her hair and nails done then yes. 

I am too scared to have my bike washed or to do it myself. If the lbs wash it, they will tell me what all I need to replace/upgrade (which I know already)

And if I do it, I am reminded that I have a crappy ride that needs to be replaced in its whole...

Plus, the dirt and grime and lube gives its grease. The creaking and cracking just increases if it is washed

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Went for a rainy ride today and managed to get some tar on my bike, simply put the ride was crappy knowing that this stuff was on my bike so I pulled into My Carwash in Klapmuts they cleaned my bike and my mates up nice and good and refused to take my money, so I told the oke he should offer a bike wash he said he has three outlets one in Paarl, Klapmuts and Stellenbosch. R30-40 for a wash. Just thought I'd post it in case anybody wants to check it out. They went out of their way to get the tar of so that I could enjoy the rest of my ride.

• 6 months later...

I took my bike for a service at Cycles Alive last week and fetched it on Saturday, and was amazed at what Barry and the team had achieved. Outside of being perfectly set-up, it was cleaner than I had ever seen it. Very awesome. Can't wait to hit the trails!

http://i.imgur.com/cxt7LuL.jpg

Archived