LBS - Wash and lube... post yours!

T-Bob

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Naa, I wash my own. Make sure everything is just dandy and replace what needs to be replace. This I do once a month or every other month.

Normally I just wipe the stanchions.

I was contemplating the butler steamer though.

As mentioned on another thread, I usually wash my own but when I ride BCC on the weekends I give the guy R30 to wash, then just lube when i get home. One LBS nearby have started to add a charge for cleaning your bike when you take it in for a service, problem is they don't tell you they will add the charge until you pick up your bike. 

In winter I would rinse & wash my bike thoroughly after muddy rides. For the rest of the time I would rinse it down as needed. I do the same before taking my bike for a service to VELOlife - Somerset West. They do a super nice (and free to my knowledge) wash with every service. Highly recommendable team!

I pop the oke 10ZA rondts on the side at my local car wash on a Friday, the owner is a mountain biker and they know how to wash it and he is aware that I do it  :devil:

I heard that at Meerendal its R50 incl b'fast. Not sure tho'

I think that's a weekday special they've got going.

Morning guys,

My better half washes mine, but then I thought that they all did. I must have been mistaken.

I just presumed that they sit at home, dying to get stuck in while you are out playing in the dirt.

Have a lekker day and a great weekend

Sarge

Morning guys,My better half washes mine, but then I thought that they all did. I must have been mistaken.I just presumed that they sit at home, dying to get stuck in while you are out playing in the dirt.Have a lekker day and a great weekendSarge

Hahahahahaha!!! You clearly have all the tricks down Sarge! Well done.

Morning guys,

My better half washes mine, but then I thought that they all did. I must have been mistaken.

I just presumed that they sit at home, dying to get stuck in while you are out playing in the dirt.

Sarge

I tried that, couldn't go to work for a few days but the bruising and swelling has gone down now ....

I pop the oke 10ZA rondts on the side at my local car wash on a Friday, the owner is a mountain biker and they know how to wash it and he is aware that I do it  :devil:

you wash your car ?

Clean ,scrub & lube after every ride . Just as well I'm not ocd or anything .

Am to anal to let anyone else wash my bikes. I just grumble after anyway and finish the job myself. Then I drink coffee and am pleased with myself.

Small things amuse small minds ????

Anyone tried rietvlei don't they wash bikes? But they have those high power hoses which I hope they don't use on the bikes ???

I just wash it myself. First thing I do is put it on my work stand and give it a proper clean (the good old toothbrush method), let it dry out in the sun and then lube it up before I hang it up in my garage.

Serves as an inspection as well to look for any damage or loose components.

This usually goes down with a good strong cuppa coffee, or an ice cold windhoek draught..

Morning guys,

Sarge

Your better half obviously does not waste her time on the bikehub.

Archived