Electric Mountain Bikes on a MTB race.

Gerlach

Oh ja, completely agree with that. An e-bike does not make you superman uphill, and most definitely does not mean you are pathetic on the downhills...

Not sure of the e-bikes in SA but the ones here in Europe actually does make you superhuman.  These things are very very powerfull.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Once upon a time, long long loooooong ago there was this craze. It was expected to be THE next big thing. But alas, it fell flat on its face...

It was called a fatbike.

Is the same going to happen with an e-bike? Time only will tell

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Like Fatbikes, single speeds, fixies, CX bikes and TT bikes, they will not appeal to everyone. I see Fatbikes and fixies as 'novelty' purchases, and many are priced accordingly.

Once upon a time, long long loooooong ago there was this craze. It was expected to be THE next big thing. But alas, it fell flat on its face...

It was called a fatbike.

Is the same going to happen with an e-bike? Time only will tell

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

post-271-0-19582200-1474529765_thumb.jpg

The story comes down. This guy that was passing us look like a normal every day mtb rider so no over weight or limbs missing. 

He went pass the E or F group on Ou wae se pad where everyone was tuning him and catch us that was riding in the A group at the last hill before knysna, and the people that did the K2C know that climes are crap long and high.

Jip, e-bike can weight about 20kg, same like our dh bike of 8-14 years ago, but remember, the guy on the ebike climes half of the time you spend climbing that hill and with 20kg going downhill were you going down 10-11kg mtb and can get insane speed with that weight and if  you know how to handle a bike downhill, then you can make up a lot of time.

Like Fatbikes, single speeds, fixies, CX bikes and TT bikes, they will not appeal to everyone. I see Fatbikes and fixies as 'novelty' purchases, and many are priced accordingly.

Hey ... I like single speeds, and fat bikes

The story comes down. This guy that was passing us look like a normal every day mtb rider so no over weight or limbs missing. 

He went pass the E or F group on Ou wae se pad where everyone was tuning him and catch us that was riding in the A group at the last hill before knysna, and the people that did the K2C know that climes are crap long and high.

Jip, e-bike can weight about 20kg, same like our dh bike of 8-14 years ago, but remember, the guy on the ebike climes half of the time you spend climbing that hill and with 20kg going downhill were you going down 10-11kg mtb and can get insane speed with that weight and if  you know how to handle a bike downhill, then you can make up a lot of time.

You must be mistaken or lying because thehub e-bike experts assured us non-ebike riders that it is only the fat unfit okes plodding around at the back of the field that use them and e-bikes in a long event like this would just be a liability anyway.

So to use the words of Odison and Pure Savage - just be lekker, train a bit harder and don't concern yourself with what the other riders are doing. 

You must be mistaken or lying because thehub e-bike experts assured us non-ebike riders that it is only the fat unfit okes plodding around at the back of the field that use them and e-bikes in a long event like this would just be a liability anyway.

So to use the words of Odison and Pure Savage - just be lekker, train a bit harder and don't concern yourself with what the other riders are doing. 

MTB'ing is for the VIAB, racing is on the road :P

But did you die?

But did you die?

Jip, and damn close to it!! really really close to death!! the DEATH REAPER was close on my ass but i think he was busy dying to climbing Simola Hill. :ph34r:  :whistling:

All Rity Yal!!! i'm off to go do shopping for a Electrical crank base setup for my road bike to get my 2:40 on Cape Town Cycle Tour. Sorry if i take your KOM and bump you on your Ractetec results  :thumbup:

Havent read the whole thread, but if you need an eBike, then dont race it, but if you MUST, then get a special board for it or something.

It reminds me of the TUE thing, if you are so sick, stay home.

I tore the ligaments in my ankle recently, so can I go race an eBike till its better?

Jip, and damn close to it!! really really close to death!! the DEATH REAPER was close on my ass but i think he was busy to dying climbing Simola Hill. :ph34r:  :whistling:

All Rity Yal!!! i'm off to go do shopping for a Electrical crank base setup for my road bike to get my 2:40 on Cape Town Cycle Tour. Sorry if i take your KOM and bump you on your Ractetec results  :thumbup:

2:40 only? You going to be 5 minutes behind with that time :P

2:40 only? You going to be 5 minutes behind with that time :P

I know!! damn!!  i don't want to look to suspicious ek se Pure Savage  :D passing the front group on chappies and camera bike doing beach front style cycling sipping on my first bottle half way!!!  :P

Jip, and damn close to it!! really really close to death!! the DEATH REAPER was close on my ass but i think he was busy dying to climbing Simola Hill. :ph34r:  :whistling:

Jyt erg suurdruiwe oor die ou? En BTW ekt in D begin en hys verby ons op ou wapad. Unless die ou jou wen gevat het laat hom doen wat hy wil.

Archived