Cervelo launch S3 Disc aero road bike

News bot

Just a pity that Giant don't bring all the options into SA. There are some good looking bikes in their lineup...

And then there is Canyon

Yup, that the route I want to go.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Has obtaining a Canyon become any easier yet.?

Yes, its just as easy as ordering a pizza online... 

Logon, choose toppings, give delivery address, pay and wait.

Yes, its just as easy as ordering a pizza online...

Logon, choose toppings, give delivery address, pay and wait.

Are they shipping to RSA.?

Has obtaining a Canyon become any easier yet.?

Mail their customer service. Tell them what you want. They'll guide you through the process. They're switched on and you won't feel uncertain.

Then, when you get on the bike, you'll know you made the right choice.

In all honesty I don't understand why anyone would not want disc brakes. Unless you are a professional, is that added bit of weight going to make any difference whatsoever? On the other hand discs stop better, much better - so for the average guy of 80kg and more, surely it makes more sense to stop better than save a few grams?

I wouldn't replace an existing bike just to get disc brakes, but if I was buying a new bike there would be no debate in my mind - discs all the way. That being said, I'm a mtb rider through and through, and when I do ride road events I am nowhere near A batch, and don't care too much about where I place in an event.

Who did he buy from?

I'm pretty sure it was from Shorter Rochford cycles. I bought my first BMX from there back in the day!

Are they shipping to RSA.?

I think it costs about €400 to ship to SA. I had it sent to my parents house in London and then shipped it for about £260!

I think it costs about €400 to ship to SA. I had it sent to my parents house in London and then shipped it for about £260!

Just make sure you calculate your duties.... it adds a bit to the purchase price.

If it shipped directly from Canyon to you, you will get it VAT free in their country and will only pay SA import VAT.

Ship it to your parents first and you will lose the VAT free status in that country and end up paying VAT in both countries.

In order to enjoy VAT free status in that country, the supplier must be in control of the export and must ship directly to you.

Edited by Eugene

Yeah yeah wise ass. But that’s a personal choice. CSA currently doesn’t give us any choice.

Ps: Even though I currently have SR, that Campy hydro hood is so damn ugly I would gladly sell to SRAM or Shimano.

It is not the prettiest, I'll agree. Perhaps the next revision (or two) improve.

You could always compromise and get something like these cable-actuated calipers, keep the pretty ergos.

But personally I don't think this looks good either. I'll stick with my Veloce group for now.

And one hell of a bargain if you have a delivery address in the UAE

Means you can pick them up tax free, yes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk