Cervelo launch S3 Disc aero road bike

News bot

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I still have no idea why you would NOT want discs on your bicycle in 2018.

I wouldn't buy a bike without.

CSA is the only problem still

Who stocks Cervelo locally, and specifically Cape Town.?

Was also wondering the same thing, anyone???

Spoke to the distributors. You can visit their website HERE for pricing and availability. 

You can also try the direct link to pricing HERE

My friend just got a deal on a R5 Dura Ace Di2 in the UK for £5000. R163,000 over here!

Daaang! I need one of those £5000 “jobbies” We are getting drilled here in S.A with prices.

CSA is the only problem still

Campagnolo also only very recently released their disc groups, so for some that was also an issue ;)

Campagnolo also only very recently released their disc groups, so for some that was also an issue ;)

Yeah yeah wise ass. But that’s a personal choice. CSA currently doesn’t give us any choice.

Ps: Even though I currently have SR, that Campy hydro hood is so damn ugly I would gladly sell to SRAM or Shimano.

Daaang! I need one of those £5000 “jobbies” We are getting drilled here in S.A with prices.

I spoke to him last night. It was actually £4500 without wheels

I went from the S3 with discs back to my trusty old Spez with alu rims and rim brakes and it is k@k! Everything about my 7 year old Spez is better than the 2017 S3, except the braking. One finger braking is the FUTURE.

(The S3 can take 25mm Conti GP 4000s)

Back to the S3 - I'm not sure the added weight on the bike was solely because of the discs. My gut feeling is that Cervelo rushed the model to market, and possibly over-compensated. They also equip the S3 with terrible components, and the front end steers like a bus. But the discs rocked!

Regarding CSA - we had an issue at Double Century (we actually had several issues) with someone reporting us for riding bikes with discs. Luckily, since DC isn't a CSA sanctioned event and most of the riders aren't CSA members, they have no authority to ban people from using discs. (I did have to show the commissar this article https://inthebunch.co.za/2017/06/use-of-disc-brakes-why-and-who-the-ban-applies-to/ to convince him otherwise. The fact that he didn't know this himself was quite appalling!)

I went from the S3 with discs back to my trusty old Spez with alu rims and rim brakes and it is k@k! Everything about my 7 year old Spez is better than the 2017 S3, except the braking. One finger braking is the FUTURE.

(The S3 can take 25mm Conti GP 4000s)

Back to the S3 - I'm not sure the added weight on the bike was solely because of the discs. My gut feeling is that Cervelo rushed the model to market, and possibly over-compensated. They also equip the S3 with terrible components, and the front end steers like a bus. But the discs rocked!

Regarding CSA - we had an issue at Double Century (we actually had several issues) with someone reporting us for riding bikes with discs. Luckily, since DC isn't a CSA sanctioned event and most of the riders aren't CSA members, they have no authority to ban people from using discs. (I did have to show the commissar this article https://inthebunch.co.za/2017/06/use-of-disc-brakes-why-and-who-the-ban-applies-to/ to convince him otherwise. The fact that he didn't know this himself was quite appalling!)

Does Storck do a disc bike?  :ph34r:

Some of the pricing may force me to look at Giant ... they are relatively budget friendly.

Also doesn't seem as if too many brands have frame only options available. :(

Some of the pricing may force me to look at Giant ... they are relatively budget friendly.

Thats nothing to be sad about, the Giant TCR Disc, looks absolutely awesome!! 

Edit: Jeezuz did I actually just say that! Think I might still be drunk from New Years.

Edited by Patchelicious

Thats nothing to be sad about, the Giant TCR Disc, looks absolutely awesome!!

Edit: Jeezuz did I actually just say that! Think I might still be drunk from New Years.

LOL

Really not a bad looking frame/bike except for the exposed brake hose on fork.

Edited by Thomo

Just a pity that Giant don't bring all the options into SA. There are some good looking bikes in their lineup...

And then there is Canyon