94.7 start times

SP777

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

damn only 94 ..that's like 15% odd only... And the poor git that 5 seconds to late..damn I would pissed,if I had enough energy left.

Hence why I said you need to be in F or earlier, earlier the better... and unless you get to the pen early and stay with the front bunch, you going to struggle to a sub 3

Nothing worse than not using all of your matches. When to burn them is the art.

which only comes with experience. Already got caught out at r4v,was pushed into the side wind after I let someone in. Won't happen again!

Hence why I said you need to be in F or earlier, earlier the better... and unless you get to the pen early and stay with the front bunch, you going to struggle to a sub 3

true that getting to the front . Was seriously considering going for a sub 3,but don't think it's within my reach . Would be pissed if I bust a gut to miss it by 5,10 or 15 min . Would rather enjoy it then and miss it by whatever margin as long as I had fun.

The amashova might give me a better indication this wkd if I stand any chance,if not happy to do a hub ride for sure.

True, it is harder.

BUT if you dont burn matches in the beginning to stay with the group, you end up riding more of the distance without them.

which is lesser of the 2 evils ?

Need to try do 95km and 1000m in under 3hr by yourself in training as a gauge for the 94.7

Most sub 3ers I have spoken to said that if you can't do it on your own in 3hr then you wont go sub 3 even with a group as you will burn out before and drop back meaning going over 3hr again.

Means a 3hr 100km ride with plenty climbing training - they say you should do something similar at least once before the actual race. I will gauge my Shova and Carnival City race performances and hopefully go into 94.7 confident as I think confidence is also key.

With 3:30 last year I have to do it this year....

did some spot checking with previous 94.7 sub 3-ers and their other event times.

Amashova          :3:05 - 3:10 = you are in the ballpark

Race for Victory :3:00 - 3:35 = results all over the show due to wind etc and still some that did sub 3 last year.

this is just the few I found but it could mean you are only just gonna make 3hr.

For a more reliable sub 3 you should be on 3hr at Amashova (depending on conditions).

It will be interesting to see what times those that are going to Shova got next week when we take stock.

True, it is harder.

BUT if you dont burn matches in the beginning to stay with the group, you end up riding more of the distance without them.

Last year I started in A. Got dropped at the accident at Summit.  Pushed hard all the way, and did a reasonable time up to the Witkoppen climb.  I then realised I left my matches somewhere on the route.  Lost between 5 and 10 min from Witkoppen to the end on most batches with similar finishing time.

What time will you be going for from L?

I would like to know that too.

This is my first 94.7 and I would like to do a sub 3. On that note, does anyone have a route profile? So many threads and pages, I'm sure I missed it somewhere. :ph34r:

Aiming for sub 3:30.

Sub 3 is going to be pretty close to impossible from there I think.

For the record, what I meant by "get something going there" is get a group to try work together. Always better to suffer with others ;)

Aiming for sub 3:30.

Sub 3 is going to be pretty close to impossible from there I think.

For the record, what I meant by "get something going there" is get a group to try work together. Always better to suffer with others ;)

by the sounds of it sub 3hr is difficult any which way .

by the sounds of it sub 3hr is difficult any which way .

For the vast majority of us, yes.

We'll still see some guy on a BMX go flying past making it though :P

For the vast majority of us, yes.

We'll still see some guy on a BMX go flying past making it though :P

on his back wheel ????

on his back wheel

Or someone on a delivery bike with rugby socks telling you he is unfit and hardly ridden the whole year  :ph34r:

Or someone on a delivery bike with rugby socks telling you he is unfit and hardly ridden the whole year :ph34r:

lol sounds about right,whilst you are blowing on the last climb ,tongue hanging out gasping for air ????

Archived