Scott after sales service!

Johan Joubert 46

Bought my son a R32500 Scott Spark 940 bicycle.After having extensive problems with the bike and spending thousands of rands on fixing the problem by taking it to different dealers trying to solve and resolve the bikes consistent chain dropping they suggested we send it to Scott S.A.After 5 weeks now and no help at all they can't find anything wrong with it.The bike is badly damaged where the chain caused all of it.They are refusing to fix any damage or to replace any parts.I own 4 other Scotts with no problems at all.No after sales service at all.Thanx Scott S.A!!!

See the reply from Scott here: https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/163212-scotts-pathetic-after-sales-service/?p=2975711

Edited by Admin
Added link to reply

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have thought that after the second scott you would have learned your lesson!! jokes aside, why did you take it to multiple dealerships and not just the one where you bought it at?

Just convert it to 1x with a nice rapide N/W ring for R500 and throw on a chain stay guard to cover damage and bobs your uncle.

Have to agree with previous post about 1x.

Can't see how a scott product fault could be causing this (except for the obvious stuff that the LBS would have checked)

Don't know the current setup, but try a clutch RD if you don't already have one

Sounds like a chainline issue

Wrong BB/spacers

Wrong crankset

Worn suspension bushes

Bent derailure/ hanger

Worn jockey wheels

?

Edited by Pulse

Some pics would be nice so that we can see what you are talking about.

1x setups drop chains if back pedalled in the granny, the skew chain line can't help it unless the chainring is spaced inboard. If a 2x setups drops the chain it usually is because of bad limit setup.

You talk about damage, is it because of scratching when the chain dropped on the BB or on the chain stay? Is it Structural damage or superficial?

Shucks, I wish my dad got me a 32500 bike when I was a kid. I wouldn't have been that much more competitive, but my coolness points would have been off the charts. You're son is a lucky boy. Hope he appreciates it.

More seriaasly, Johan'

Before you criticize a brand or its supplier, you have to reveal as much detail as possible to this forum.

Think of it as court.

With this information, the cyclists here can add credibility to your claims or not.

Sterkte ????????????????