Scott after sales service!

Johan Joubert 46

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Morning Johan,

I have just spoken to our warranty department as I wanted to make sure that we have followed ALL the procedures necessary to get your son back on his bike with the problem solved.

I was surprised by this post on social media as Scott Sports went above and beyond trying to find this problem on your sons bike soon after it was send by yourself to a second shop as the first shop could also not find anything wrong. I understand that we have already given you a report and explained the process we used to try and find your problem.

The facts:
- The bike went back to shop 1 - Could not find anything wrong.
- The bike went to shop 2 - They also could not find anything wrong.
- Bike was then send to Scott Sports where 2 of our staff members took it for a ride, not just around the block, but on single track to see if the chain would drop. They found no problem.
- We then tested and measured the frame to see if rear triangle aligned 100% with front triangle and that was 100%
- We checked the components as well and the wheel to see if there might be a problem, but we could not find the problem.
- The bike then went to the Shimano distributor here in South Africa for their technical guys to test and see if they could find a problem. They also could not find a problem.

We have followed all procedures and it has been tested not just by us , but also by 3 other parties and we could not find a problem. We delivered the bike yesterday at Hatfield Cycles and now first time we hear back from you is on this social media platform stating that our aftersales service is not good.

If you have any more comments or would like any more facts regarding this bike please feel free to mail me: joggie.prinsloo@scott-sports.co.za

Thank you,

Joggie

Morning Johan,

I have just spoken to our warranty department as I wanted to make sure that we have followed ALL the procedures necessary to get your son back on his bike with the problem solved.

I was surprised by this post on social media as Scott Sports went above and beyond trying to find this problem on your sons bike soon after it was send by yourself to a second shop as the first shop could also not find anything wrong. I understand that we have already given you a report and explained the process we used to try and find your problem.

The facts:

- The bike went back to shop 1 - Could not find

anything wrong.

- The bike went to shop 2 - They also could not find

anything wrong.

- Bike was then send to Scott Sports where 2 of our

staff members took it for a ride, not just around the

block, but on single track to see if the chain would

drop. They found no problem.

- We then tested and measured the frame to see if

rear triangle aligned 100% with front triangle and

that was 100%

- We checked the components as well and the wheel

to see if there might be a problem, but we could not

find the problem.

- The bike then went to the Shimano distributor here in

South Africa for their technical guys to test and see

if they could find a problem. They also could not find

a problem.

We have followed all procedures and it has been tested not just by us , but also by 3 other parties and we could not find a problem. We delivered the bike yesterday at Hatfield Cycles and now first time we hear back from you is on this social media platform stating that our aftersales service is not good.

If you have any more comments or would like any more facts regarding this bike please feel free to mail me: joggie.prinsloo@scott-sports.co.za

Thank you,

Joggie

Sounds like you did your bit. Well done.

Not unusual for people to hit the social medias when they can't get their way.

Edit: Based on the above, the title should be changed to "Scott Great After Sales Service, skills clinic needed as I need to learn how to change gears"

Edited by Patchelicious

Morning Johan,

The facts:

- The bike went back to shop 1 - Could not find

anything wrong.

- The bike went to shop 2 - They also could not find

anything wrong.

- Bike was then send to Scott Sports where 2 of our

staff members took it for a ride, not just around the

block, but on single track to see if the chain would

drop. They found no problem.

- We then tested and measured the frame to see if

rear triangle aligned 100% with front triangle and

that was 100%

- We checked the components as well and the wheel

to see if there might be a problem, but we could not

find the problem.

- The bike then went to the Shimano distributor here in

South Africa for their technical guys to test and see

if they could find a problem. They also could not find

a problem.

Thank you,

Joggie

Da_dam_ta...DISH...

R50 says the OP dissapears into the depths of despair, never to resurface in hubland again...

I will up your R50 to 100 rantiges.???? Edited by Bizkit031

More seriaasly, Johan'

Before you criticize a brand or its supplier, you have to reveal as much detail as possible to this forum.

Think of it as court.

With this information, the cyclists here can add credibility to your claims or not.

Sterkte

which court would that be? Hops on 2 legs kind?

Also yet another rant without photo evidence etc.....

think there should be a set of rules before you are allowed to rant like this...

- Provide necessary evidence to prove your claims.

- If proven wrong you need to apologize for your false claim or admin deletes you post.

Keyboard cowboys...

Also yet another rant without photo evidence etc.....

think there should be a set of rules before you are allowed to rant like this...

- Provide necessary evidence to prove your claims.

- If proven wrong you need to apologize for your false claim or admin deletes you post.

Keyboard cowboys...

This thread has some value. The way Scott SA dealt with what seems to be unfounded claims scores them points in my book. Deleting this thread will remove their reply too. If anything, Scott came off better than before the rant.