The "What's it Worth" Thread

Kalahari Vegmot

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If it were Emily Batty's saddle you guys would be having an auction :lol:

Priceless...the comment and her saddle!!

I was wondering the something so I'll open it up and see what your thoughts on a market price for... 

2014 Transition Bandit 29'r

- Rear: Fox CTD Boost Valve Kashima coated

- Front: Rockshox Revelation RCT3 140mm. NOS (12hrs use)

- Spank Oozy 29-5 Trail15mm TA front / 142 TA back (12hrs use)

- SLX / XT drive chain 1x10 with Absolute Black ring. 

- SLX brakes w/180 rotors front & rear (12hrs use)

- Rubber: Ibex 2.4 front / Ardent Race 2.2 EXO rear (12hrs use)

- Rapide 780 bars and KCNC Bear Arm 50mm Stem

- Giant 125mm Dropper (12hrs use)

- Deity Enoki grips
- Hope headset

- Race Face BB
- Charge Saddle (different to pix, it's the tan model)

Not that I'm planning on selling any time soon as I'm having too much fun on it but I've no idea what it's worth here. 

post-15825-0-79934600-1475501753_thumb.jpg

I was wondering the something so I'll open it up and see what your thoughts on a market price for... 

- Deity Enoki grips

- Hope headset

- Race Face BB

Not that I'm planning on selling any time soon as I'm having too much fun on it but I've no idea what it's worth here. 

attachicon.gifTranny.jpg

You call your bike TRANNY ??? - "I am off to spend a few hours on the tranny..."

Also, this is not the black bikes only thread.... Stop showing off :P

Edited by Pure Savage

- Deity Enoki grips

- Hope headset

- Race Face BB

attachicon.gifTranny.jpg

What it's worth to replace and what someone is willing to pay 5 min's after it's left the showroom are two very different things. If you were looking at selling I would say ±R20k

What it's worth to replace and what someone is willing to pay 5 min's after it's left the showroom are two very different things. If you were looking at selling I would say ±R20k

You now owe him a new keyboard from all the tears :P

You call your bike TRANNY ???

Also, this is not the black bikes only thread.... Stop showing off :P

I wanted to start a seperate thread for Transition owners (like the 'where giants roam' or 'show us your....') called 'Tranny love... post your images!' but I thought it might get some weird traffic coming through. ;)

No, seriously though, I've not got an idea what this kind of bike would go for. It's a 29'r but it's a 140 / 130 trail bike / AM bike. It's not a XC carbon whippet and comes in a shade under 14kgs.  

Replacement version is the Smuggler at about R61,500 but that's a XT / Pike Specc'd bike. Not exactly sure what to insure it at really. 

Best quote about the bike before I got it was 'it's not the sensible choice... it's the most fun choice'. So I imagine it'd be more a niche buyer than a Epic or Anthem buyer. 

That's always the way, I've bought enough to get the benefits of that and sold enough to feel the pain. Which is why I'm trying to get an idea of what it'd be worth as I know it's not exactly an obvious bike like a Trance, a Camber, Stumpy etc. 

I wanted to start a seperate thread for Transition owners (like the 'where giants roam' or 'show us your....') called 'Tranny love... post your images!' but I thought it might get some weird traffic coming through. ;)

No, seriously though, I've not got an idea what this kind of bike would go for. It's a 29'r but it's a 140 / 130 trail bike / AM bike. It's not a XC carbon whippet and comes in a shade under 14kgs.  

Replacement version is the Smuggler at about R61,500 but that's a XT / Pike Specc'd bike. Not exactly sure what to insure it at really. 

Best quote about the bike before I got it was 'it's not the sensible choice... it's the most fun choice'. So I imagine it'd be more a niche buyer than a Epic or Anthem buyer. 

Patch would get his broker to find the replacement value for him  :ph34r:

- Deity Enoki grips

- Hope headset

- Race Face BB

attachicon.gifTranny.jpg

Complete bike R25K on the generous side

Take your time and part the bike off and I can see you easily getting R35-R39K.

Ok, I'll have a go, I have this (I think) 70's Carlton 54cm track frame, Reynolds 531, top tube had a small dent in it and was filled, hence the grey primer, may want to sell it, what's it worth...?

R800, R1,800 with original fork. Top tube dent is not an issue, most pista frames have them.

• 6 months later...

So what price should I think of putting my medium On-One DeeDar Steel hardtail for?

It's in immaculate condition, only ridden about 8 times, 65.5 head angle, is brilliant fun and super capable with a 160mm up the front.  

Comes with FSA Headset, rear thru axle and SLX BB. Replaceable drop outs as well. 

"The On-One DeeDar takes the 4560b hardcore hardtail concept to the next level- It's the hooligan hardtail. Longer, lower and slack enough to tackle anything. Its what we wanted to ride, an Enduro sled, with a hardtail, made for dirty, bike riding fun.

• Double butted cro-mo tubing
  • 27.5 ready with long, low and slack geometry.
  • For 1X drivetrains with big mud clearance
  • 140mm-160mm front suspension ready"

http://d2plslj6xljffa.cloudfront.net/imgs/products/oo/400_constH/FROODD27-MBK_P1.jpg

So what price should I think of putting my medium On-One DeeDar Steel hardtail for?

It's in immaculate condition, only ridden about 8 times, 65.5 head angle, is brilliant fun and super capable with a 160mm up the front.  

Comes with FSA Headset, rear thru axle and SLX BB. Replaceable drop outs as well. 

"The On-One DeeDar takes the 4560b hardcore hardtail concept to the next level- It's the hooligan hardtail. Longer, lower and slack enough to tackle anything. Its what we wanted to ride, an Enduro sled, with a hardtail, made for dirty, bike riding fun.

• Double butted cro-mo tubing
  • 27.5 ready with long, low and slack geometry.
  • For 1X drivetrains with big mud clearance
  • 140mm-160mm front suspension ready"

http://d2plslj6xljffa.cloudfront.net/imgs/products/oo/400_constH/FROODD27-MBK_P1.jpg

R4000 depending on condition and size