Refund for wheels

King of the downhill

Even so, the question remains as to why the buyer took 6 months to figure his issue with the wheels out ...

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I (aka  the seller)  feel terrible to be accused of something like this......It was (and never ever will be) my intention to sell something faulty/broken/damaged to a fellow hubber..SPEAK TO THE HUBBERS WHO HAVE RATED ME and many others who have not rated me... If that ever is the case I will make it very clear in my add which I have done in the past so as to bring it to the buyers attention........On one occassion a fellow hubber came back to me the next day after buying a Campag Cluster from me....He said the ratio was not what he had wanted/needed......I refunded him....1 DAY LATER,...... this is ALMOST 7 MONTHS LATER??????.......

BTW...went quiet coz I need to sort out month end.........

Would also like to know why the original ad has a watermark for an Italian/French "Gumtree" style website? Did you not use a photo you took yourself?

Even so, the question remains as to why the buyer took 6 months to figure his issue with the wheels out ...

Quite probable that he saw them and thought they were a bargain for his planned build. Bought them, stashed them in the shed and started the build 6 months later.

Not sure why the seller did not post pics of the actual wheels he was selling. Maybe he can shed some light on that. Can be that he decided to sell them while sitting at his desk and didn't have pics to hand so he Googled a set and borrowed that pic.

If it was me I would have inspected the wheels properly before I took them or live with the consequences if they turn out to not be what I thought. School fees.

If I were the buyer I would drop it.

Would also like to know why the original ad has a watermark for an Italian/French "Gumtree" style website? Did you not use a photo you took yourself?

I have also done this in the past, but I do put a disclaimer on the ad stating that I will update the photo as soon as get home or whatever the situation is. I will never use a google photo and then state that it is an actual photo of the item I am selling.

I (aka  the seller)  feel terrible to be accused of something like this......It was (and never ever will be) my intention to sell something faulty/broken/damaged to a fellow hubber..SPEAK TO THE HUBBERS WHO HAVE RATED ME and many others who have not rated me... If that ever is the case I will make it very clear in my add which I have done in the past so as to bring it to the buyers attention........On one occassion a fellow hubber came back to me the next day after buying a Campag Cluster from me....He said the ratio was not what he had wanted/needed......I refunded him....1 DAY LATER,...... this is ALMOST 7 MONTHS LATER??????.......

I think the picture has raised some eyebrows...Mine being a pair of them. Maybe clear that up quickly.

Ok, but was the photo in the advert the actual photo of the wheels?

Just remember you came to the hub jury...

Live by the sword, die by the sword.

KOTD, I am on your side with this. The buyer paid his school fees in some form or another and should move on. He has no right to raise issue 6 months later as far as I'm concerned.

It has been discussed at length in other threads of the value of the rating system as it remains one of the only ways to sift through the bad sellers on this site (apart from the Rouxjie rule of course). If we start to doubt the rating system, albeit that it is not obligatory to complete following a transaction, then it would seem we would play roulette every time we pursue a purchase through the classifieds. I like to think that transacting with a rated seller holds some sort of weight

Gotta be honest here... I'm starting to smell something fishy. MY opinion... the wheels were not the wheels in the photo. Chances are the OP never even noticed that there was a difference in the wheels. In a hurry got a photo from the interwebs for whatever the stickers said and sold the wheels. Sounds like it was dark when the transaction was made so everything kinda slipped through the cracks. Yeah, the buyer did sit on his hands to start using the wheels (be that the truth or not)... but ja... I'd like to know where that picture came from and if THOSE were the wheels. I'm thinking not... I saw now that if you upload a photo to Tutti.ch it puts a watermark on. So why would a seller try sell wheels to people in Italy?

I think there is quite a bit of misunderstanding here, but if the picture wasn't real, that does take us back to misrepresentation.

Just remember you came to the hub jury...

Live by the sword, die by the sword.

He is.

The buyer is on balance in the wrong here.

I am pretty confident that is the Jury's verdict supports that.

But the Big Question here is?

• Do you have a Instagram acc that we can have a look at?
  • And do you like taking selfies ? :whistling:

Cheeky b@stard !!

Gotta be honest here... I'm starting to smell something fishy. MY opinion... the wheels were not the wheels in the photo. Chances are the OP never even noticed that there was a difference in the wheels. In a hurry got a photo from the interwebs for whatever the stickers said and sold the wheels. Sounds like it was dark when the transaction was made so everything kinda slipped through the cracks. Yeah, the buyer did sit on his hands to start using the wheels (be that the truth or not)... but ja... I'd like to know where that picture came from and if THOSE were the wheels. I'm thinking not... I saw now that if you upload a photo to Tutti.ch it puts a watermark on. So why would a seller try sell wheels to people in Italy?

I think there is quite a bit of misunderstanding here, but if the picture wasn't real, that does take us back to misrepresentation.

Maybe if he posted them, not if they met and exchanged the goods. If you dont check what you pay for, sorry for you.

He wouldn't be the first seller to not use his own photos in the ad. Surely if you inspect the item you want in person you can then decide whether the seller and items are genuine or not? If the wheels were shipped across country then maybe the use of alternative pics would be more problematic

He is.

The buyer is on balance in the wrong here.

I am pretty confident that is the Jury's verdict supports that.

I cannot wait for sentencing! 

Like when Dips was sentenced to use CAPS LOCKS FOR THREE YEARS.... i am so glad thats over

Archived