Refund for wheels

King of the downhill

You may resell the wheels to somebody else. This is not costing you anything.

This is going to be the simplest and cheapest method of resolving this.

What you do with the wheels thereafter is not my concern."

If he has this opinion and thinks they are still functional and can be resold then why doesn't he just resell them himself? Making this the OP's problem after 6 months is poor form :thumbdown:  

EDIT: That being said, from the picture painted of the buyer the ad would probably read "Like new wheels, only used for one short ride. R2000"

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's his NAME!!!!!

SARS wants to know... :ph34r:  :ph34r:

HKGK and a full tax audit!!!

OP, tell the buyer to F..O and stop wasting your time or sue you!!

Point him to this thread and asking him to give his version just for the fun of it !!I

The buyer probably waits till Friday to give his "side"

Hi fellow hubbers.....I have been a hubber (and more importantly) a happy cyclist, for a few years now.....I have also sold many a bike part on the hub and occasionally,a full bike.....A few months back I sold a set of Syncros wheels to a buyer.....To my knowledge wheels were in good nick and rode really awesome but I had another set so I decided to sell these.....Long story short.....after almost 6 months this guy NOW comes back to me and tell me there is a "stress mark" on the one rim and insists that I take back the wheelset and give him a full refund........SERIOUS....... He had a good look at the wheels when purchasing them and my question is......If he saw the "stress mark" now....why did he not see it at point of purchase????? Please advise as to what will be the right thing for me to do.....I have only 100% ratings on the Hub...... P.S.  He claims he only took out the wheels now to start a build with them.........PLEASE HELP.....

Regards

King of the Downhill.....

Caveat Emptor

SEE BELOW ......The buyers latest mail to me....NOTE that he somehow even got a screenshot of the original ad which tells me that this could have been his plan from the word GO.......... I cannot open the attachment.....Is there any way for me to see my previous ads???

"Here is the original ad for reference.

I hope we can resolve this by 3pm today which is a further 24hrs since talking to you yesterday afternoon.

I am not asking for the interest on the use of my money. I just want a refund.

You may resell the wheels to somebody else. This is not costing you anything.

This is going to be the simplest and cheapest method of resolving this.

What you do with the wheels thereafter is not my concern."

Ooooh, veiled threat! 

Please understand from a contractual perspective that your ad is merely an invitation to do business. It is not part of a contact. The contact is made with an offer and acceptance.

Your offer with it's terms of payment were made to the buyer, who accepted them.Contact made. Contract concluded when due performance by the parties to the contact was done. ie, you delivered the wheels to him and he paid for them. Contact concluded.

Don't be intimidated at all by his veiled threat.

End the discussion with a firm and immovable NO.

BTW.....I invited the buyer to join this thread....He claims that the front wheels is a new "cheaper" rim because of it's almost unused brake surface....Apparently I removed the decals from the old wheel and put them onto the new one.......

Is it not NORMAL for the rear wheel braking surface to be more used than the front??????

See below...Buyers latest mail to me.....Time of sale was before sunset,outside on a garage driveway in Koeberg road

"like I said, I bought the wheels in the dark and in good faith and did not look at them again till now.

But that is not important

You know what the wheels are.

You will see that the front rim still has a brand new braking surface.

new picture included.

T

If you have decided not to return my money immediately, let me know now. It will save me a day."

Ooooh, veiled threat! 

Please understand from a contractual perspective that your ad is merely an invitation to do business. It is not part of a contact. The contact is made with an offer and acceptance.

Your offer with it's terms of payment were made to the buyer, who accepted them.Contact made. Contract concluded when due performance by the parties to the contact was done. ie, you delivered the wheels to him and he paid for them. Contact concluded.

Don't be intimidated at all by his veiled threat.

End the discussion with a firm and immovable NO.

Thanks for your legal perspective on this matter.....I really needed to hear that.....I have invited him to join the thread......Let's hope he accepts my invitation...

If you have decided not to return my money immediately, let me know now. It will save me a day."

Can't you also have 6months to decide?

Archived