Review: Garmin Varia smart bike system

Iwan Kemp

Since the launch of the Varia Rearview Radar, Garmin have grown their smart cycling device range and the degree of integration of each device. As a standalone, the rear view Radar is a smart rear bike light that improves your visibility, situational awareness and safety with adaptive brightness and a radar display. Garmin did not stop there and have built a complete eco-system with the addition of the Varia Vision and a headlight and tail light that communicate with the Varia system.

Click here to view the article

Only R16.5k and 6 units to charge before each ride, I love it when technology makes my life easier!!!!!!

Can't wait to see the MAMILs out on the road with the heads-up display strapped to the Oakleys and swanning around like TDF winners :D :D Oh gawd

Living in the middle of nowhere I mostly cycle quiet roads with the odd car passing so the radar makes sense for me.

Digging those gnarly flats on the road bike ;)

Shhhh!

Was wondering when or if anyone will notice. Just so much easier to get around and on and off the bike with camera gear at night.  ;)