The 100th Giro d'Italia

'Dale

No comment as I'm being stalked by a guy who comments quite often for a guy who says he's never going to comment. FFS, why would you kiss your wrist to remind you of your girlfriend's love and support if there is not some action being expected after as a result of that love and support?

I never said I would never reply.  I said I would not continue the previous conversation.... but if you keep trying to bring down the thread to your gutter level then am happy to comment where other prefer to keep quiet rather that comment.... in fact I was talking to others with regard and not to you.

Once again you show you lack of maturity in the way you comment.

Whilst he kisses his wrist for his girlfriend, many wear bands for different circumstances/reasons.... i know some who wear WWJD and they kiss them in praise.... and there nothing sexual about that!!

Edited by shaper

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep it for the spinning session.

Not sure I am able to spin for 25 Min. Maybe I should mount my phone to my bike, put earphones in and go train on a busy road while riding 2 abreast with a "local" team sky rider. How long should my socks be?

Anyway, back to the Giro.................still waiting for that Italian win !

Giro d'Italia Stage 13 - Reggio Emilia  ›  Tortona 167km

http://static2.giroditalia.it/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/T13_Tortona_plan_web-1.jpghttp://static2.giroditalia.it/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/T13_Tortona_alt-1.jpg

http://static2.giroditalia.it/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/T13_Tortona_ARR_web-1.jpghttp://static2.giroditalia.it/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/T13_Tortona_ukm_web-1.jpg

We often complain that certain races have wildly over exaggerated profiles. Well the Giro with typical Italian contrariness has gone the other way and hidden a climb within this profile.

Look closely. No, closer. Closer still. You see it? 

The final climb start at Piacenza and ends nearly 76 kilometres later. 

Total elevation gain of 56 meters at an average gradient of 0.074% 

This includes a couple of downhill sections, it's a shame they are not riding it the other way.

As for the victor; Today Gaviria will make it 4 wins in his first GT.

Edited by Cav'

I find it best to just ignore the posts mostly. I just don't see why it is necessary to clutter up these threads about the Giro with endless bickering.

Back on point please.

This!

I understand it is Friday and all, but please go find or make a different thread where the cat-fighting can continue.

post-27827-0-99139800-1495178317_thumb.gif

I find it best to just ignore the posts mostly. I just don't see why it is necessary to clutter up these threads about the Giro with endless bickering.

Back on point please.

Gaviria is on form that's for sure and has a super lead out. Seems Ewan is really having a bad Giro or his team suck. Greipel needs one more win but he is always there as the frozen chicken smuggler.

BORA lead him out very well yesterday. Shame they tried so hard. I felt sorry for them.

Bora did great and then when the last guy pulled to the side there was not more guys - did they forget Sagan is not there? :blink:

I hope the chicken smuggler can take another one today... Gorilla power! :thumbup:

Bora did great and then when the last guy pulled to the side there was not more guys - did they forget Sagan is not there? :blink:

I hope the chicken smuggler can take another one today... Gorilla power! :thumbup:

Greipel will ride very aggressively for sure, the man wants the win bad.  

Anyway, back to the Giro.................still waiting for that Italian win !

CONI appear to be too strict on their riders, linked to the Italian police and the fact that doping is criminally illegal in Italy it appears the riders are at a disadvantage.

Added to that is the most likely stage winners are either injured, like Aru, or racing the TDF, like Viviani.

You may have posted this a few pages back but I saw on twitter that on Stage 2 he maxed at 1885 watts in the sprint. 1885!!!! 

That is insane. Do you think your tandem team puts that out as a team to put it into perspective.

CONI appear to be too strict on their riders, linked to the Italian police and the fact that doping is criminally illegal in Italy it appears the riders are at a disadvantage.

Added to that is the most likely stage winners are either injured, like Aru, or racing the TDF, like Viviani.

I don't think Greipel is on top form while Gav certainly is.

Seems like some hubbers are angry cause of Sky & Yates imploding. Relax friends, the TdF is coming soon and the Sky train will be out in force.

Question for the sages here, is TJ the only clean rider?  

You may have posted this a few pages back but I saw on twitter that on Stage 2 he maxed at 1885 watts in the sprint. 1885!!!! 

GOOOOOOOOOrilla!!! :excl:  :excl:  :excl:

Think he deserves another win... he is there in every sprint - works super hard.

That is insane. Do you think your tandem team puts that out as a team to put it into perspective.

No where near that. I sometimes have one of my VA team mates on the back and even then I doubt it. Scary thing is we would probably not even put out half of that.

Can we just take a moment to appreciate how insanely well Ryan Gibbons is doing, in his first Grand Tour ever (confirmation?)? He just joined the DDQ World Tour squard, I think.

He's supposed to be leading out Kristian Sbaragli, but he's holding his own incredibly well.  :clap: Just check out who finished behind him yesterday:

6 Ryan Gibbons (RSA) Dimension Data     7 Sacha Modolo (Ita) UAE Team Emirates     8 André Greipel (Ger) Lotto Soudal     9 Jasper Stuyven (Bel) Trek-Segafredo     10 Roberto Ferrari (Ita) UAE Team Emirates  

Can we just take a moment to appreciate how insanely well Ryan Gibbons is doing, in his first Grand Tour ever (confirmation?)? He just joined the DDQ World Tour squard, I think.

He's supposed to be leading out Kristian Sbaragli, but he's holding his own incredibly well.  :clap: Just check out who finished behind him yesterday:

6 Ryan Gibbons (RSA) Dimension Data     7 Sacha Modolo (Ita) UAE Team Emirates     8 André Greipel (Ger) Lotto Soudal     9 Jasper Stuyven (Bel) Trek-Segafredo     10 Roberto Ferrari (Ita) UAE Team Emirates  

Wasn't even aware that Sbragli is riding  :w00t: