The 100th Giro d'Italia

'Dale

Well finally Landa gets the win. Well done..3rd day in a row chasing the stage win. .well done.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ladies and gentleman we have a race on our hands right to the end. Can't wait till tomorrow.

******* Quintana again. Seriously? What is the dudes problem?

Does he not know how to race? I feel like someone needs to give him some pointers. It's just wheelsuck after wheelsuck. No wonder he sucks at timetrialling, he can't wheelsuck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Balls...anyone can win except NQ

He'll need more than 38sec going in to the final ITT.. a lot more

Maybe a good thing.. forces NQ and Bahrain to do all the work tomorrow..Pinot is breathing down their necks...plenty watching will happen tomorrow maybe Tom can get the jump on them . DUMOULIN just needs to limit losses and then go smash it on the ITT.

Can you imagine being a domestique for Movistar? You do all the work for your leader and then when it's time for him to put a shift in he just jumps on another teams wheel.

Even Nibali was looking at him and asking like, Dude, are you seriously not gonna put a shift in? I actually feel a bit for Nibali. He has to team up with the worst person ever to bring down Dumoulin[emoji23]

I'm all for TD winning this Giro but I think he should position himself better. Sometimes it looks like he's way too casual about this. Sitting way back from his team and GC rivals.

Damn, just came back, and the Giro site sucks. What is Tom's deficit? And how does the GC look like now?

Brief Results

1 Mikel Landa (Spa) Team Sky 4:53:00  
2 Rui Costa (Por) UAE Team Emirates 0:01:49  
3 Pierre Rolland (Fra) Cannondale-Drapac 0:01:54  
4 Pello Bilbao (Spa) Astana Pro Team 0:02:12  
5 Sebastian Henao (Col) Team Sky 0:03:06  
6 Evgeny Shalunov (Rus) Gazprom – Rusvelo 0:03:51  
7 Luis León Sanchez (Spa) Astana Pro Team    
8 Matteo Busato (Ita) Wilier Triestina 0:05:05  
9 Lorenzo Rota (Ita) Bardiani CSF    
10 Ilia Koshevoy (Blr) Wilier Triestina 0:06:44  

General classification after stage 19
1 Nairo Quintana (Col) Movistar Team 85:02:40  
2 Tom Dumoulin (Ned) Team Sunweb 0:00:38  
3 Vincenzo Nibali (Ita) Bahrain-Merida 0:00:43  
4 Thibaut Pinot (Fra) FDJ 0:00:53  
5 Ilnur Zakarin (Rus) Katusha-Alpecin 0:01:21  
6 Domenico Pozzovivo (Ita) AG2R La Mondiale 0:01:30  
7 Bauke Mollema (Ned) Trek-Segafredo 0:02:48  
8 Adam Yates (GBr) Orica-Scott 0:06:35  
9 Bob Jungels (Lux) Quick-Step Floors 0:07:03  
10 Steven Kruijswijk (Ned) Team LottoNl-Jumbo 0:07:37

Okay, hands up whoever gets the first sound bite from The Chin... big Tommy D. This should be a classic. 

******* Quintana again. Seriously? What is the dudes problem?

Does he not know how to race? I feel like someone needs to give him some pointers. It's just wheelsuck after wheelsuck. No wonder he sucks at timetrialling, he can't wheelsuck.

and he was smiling away for the camera when he was cooling down. Hopefully TD makes up ground tomorrow and then snatches pink back on the final day.

I'm all for TD winning this Giro but I think he should position himself better. Sometimes it looks like he's way too casual about this. Sitting way back from his team and GC rivals.

Yip..

And he agrees

"The legs weren't there today. I made a rookie mistake + had to use a lot of energy to get back. The team saved me + helped limit my losses" https://t.co/mUKuddiDC1

Well earned win for the Basque rider

Tears of joy for the winner for the last 3 days

Beautiful stuff

It appears that the attack at 100 kms thereabouts to go sapped Tom's legs and it softened him up for the upper cut on the finalè.

Excellent racing by Nairo

Playing the long game - for pink and for the GT double. Perfect strategy.

Tomorrow is another mountainous day.

"It’s been difficult moments in the last month. And now also here, I know, we started well, but we had the crash and we have to regroup. I feel very happy - also the emotion was because my family is here - I’m really happy. I had a teammate in the breakaway, and this was key for my win today. I’m very happy and proud. Maybe it’s not what we expected at the beginning, but I’m very proud."

Landa

He must just stick with all of them tomorrow, and the race will be his. Nibali worries me though. He is going to go for it on that last climb.

"I had bad legs from the start and I made a rookie mistake at the beginning, sitting at the back of the bunch on the downhill. Then Bahrain and Movistar split the bunch and I was in the second group and needed, with my bad legs, to go to the maximum to come back, in the middle of the stage. So that was really unnecessary."

TomD, dispelling any idea that was dropped earlier while on a bio break

Archived